1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Welcome back, Morten Andersen

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Sep 19, 2006.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

That's Jeffires. And might as well go with a proven commodity. Not like he has to run or anything.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

A 46-year-old Morten Andersen is probably more money that 20 of the kickers in the league right now. And during his prime, I'm not sure there was a kicker with a stronger leg. So at 46, it means he has average leg strength.

Also, fitting that his first game back will be in the Superdome. The few wins the Saints got before Jim Mora and some his players went to the Bayou came because of Morten's kicks.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yes. I know that....soon as I posted it...
    Besides, Lorenzo White did all the running...

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Just curious, do they make the facemask that Andersen has always preferred anymore? Or will he simply have to adjust to the times? Personally, I want to see that funky, early Terry Bradshaw years facemask again.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No, those aren't made anymore (slipped my mind just who makes it). Knowing Morten, he probably still has the helmet ... it went with him from New Orleans to Atlanta and the other stops.

I would assume that since, technically, it's not a single bar that the league can't ban it.

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Ain't this a kick in the head.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Why?

GMs want to win above anything else.

That Franco and Andersen are considered better options to those GMs than 99.9 percent of the rest of the world is incredible.

8. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

Doc knew him when he injured his knee in New Orleans training camp. Always had a smile

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Not to mention, I bet he still likes beating his former team. I know he had rubbed quite a few people the wrong way in N'awlins before he left.

Great kicker, though.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Spnited babysat his grandfather in high school...

Oh, this can go on FOR-E-VER
    [​IMG]

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Freakin hilarious. Bless you, Pro Football Talk:

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted