1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Welcome back, Imus

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Monday Morning Sportswriter, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

I don't condone what Imus said, but after listening to Boomer & Cartin in the morning for a few months, all I can say is I'm glad he's back.

Now, if only WABC would update its Web site to show that. Here's what up there now:

[​IMG]

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The I-Man provides a relatively-sedate lead-in, compared to the bulk of the hysterical remainder of what's available on the Aryan Broadcasting Company for New York's
    listeners.

3. Yay.
    The Wrinkle Farm is back.

4. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Never trust a man in a red beret, that's all I am saying. ;D

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Any chance he'll be funny?

6. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Don't know about Imus, but the guy in the red beret is already being laughed at with that hideous piece of head gear on him :p

7. No, but haven't you missed the comedy stylings of Howard Fineman and Tim Russert? Whoo-hoo!

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Not a fucking chance in hell.

Now Bernie, if he followed him over to ABC ... maybe.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

And Bernie did.

I think ABC will let Imus do whatever the hell he wants, or he'll get out.

It's not like Imus is doing this for the money.

Although, I am surprised Imus didn't go to Sirius/XM.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'm not.

Stern was a cultural touchstone before he jumped. Now he's yesterday's news.

Same can be said for Imus now, but at least he was still somewhat relevant with his MSNBC gig and guests.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Can someone tell me what is this RFD-TV thing Imus was plugging this morning during the Dodd interview -- had to listen to him on the way to work -- and why I should care about it?

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

RFD is tv for farmers....Agriculture reports, tractor reviews, things like that. Imus needed a TV simulcast and chose RFD because they did a piece on his ranch (I think last year). I think Imus will play it cool for the first couple of months. Stern can care less about being a cultural icon with all the money he made off that deal. (Although CBS probably wishes they could have kept him--all their big market replacements failed miserably except for Adam Corolla in LA).

Draft saved Draft deleted