1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weis: Pete Carroll's dumped his wife, living w/ grad student in Malibu

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Dec 6, 2009.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

of course there have been many successful college coaches who are unfaithful to their wives. and usc/carroll are a huge success and nfl pipeline. ... BUT....

that said, you're darn tootin' that KNOWING for sure carroll's situation would likely have have a negative impact on recruiting. if one carroll's putting on the full-court press for my 18-year-old and i'm left feeling better about coach jones's values it could well be a factor.

all i'm sayin'.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Carroll didn't wreck his car trying to get away from his golf-club wielding Swedish nanny wife.

Other than that they're exactly the same.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

what part of the idiocy are you questioning?

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

There are MANY programs who send many kids into the NFL.

As a consumer (player parent), I want to be informed.

5. Keep dreaming, idiot.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

And Tiger is a billionaire pitchman instantly recognized around the world ... and Carroll is an American college coach that would go unrecognized elsewhere around the globe ... and ...

7. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

But it's still a private matter that doesn't affect anyone on this board.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Not to get all political, but Limbaugh did call once call a certain 13-year-old girl a dog.

Weight issues shouldn't matter, unless it's Rush, who brings it upon himself.

Back to the issue, Weis is either a bigger idiot than we thought, for saying that about Carroll in front of five reporters,whether he thought it was off the record or not, or he's hoping no one hires him for a few years so he will end up being the story of the year if and when he can ever bring a program back from the doldrums.

9. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Pete has that wavy hair and a lot of money. It wouldn't be a surprise that some really tanned grad student with long legs would go for him.

10. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Have you ever looked in his eyes? It's like the first time I heard the Beatles. [/SuperBad]

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Just in case you didn't think Charlie Weis was enough of a small man ...

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I don't care if he cheated on his wife. It is none of my business.

But he IS the best coach in college football. And to me, that's what matters. To you guys, it may be something else, but to me, I could care less if he is cheating on his wife, or not. ( I don't know if he is or isn't... I don't care.)

Draft saved Draft deleted