1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weis: Pete Carroll's dumped his wife, living w/ grad student in Malibu

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

"Aren't coeds perks that come along with the job?"

Gary Williams

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

He's a public figure.

All bets are off.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

i'd also argur that he's recruiting many young men whose families might be interested in judging the kind of person their youngin' is being entrusted with. but in no way, shape or form should the outing EVER be from another coach. IF it is true, we could certainly wonder where the l.a. times has been with this "story," since the trojans are considered l.a.'s nfl team. but that's another discussion entirely.

as i've noted, glena carroll is a lovely woman in every respect who deserves better than what weis has served her.

s

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

What a pathetic slug, backpedaling like this.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Uhhh... the Times is as intimidated by access issues as any paper.

They were nowhere to be found in the Reggie Bush matter, either IIRC.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

This is a story you want to see in the LA Times?

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

This should have been end of thread.

And I'm a zillion miles away from that beat, both geographically and career-wise, and I've heard the stories of what a piece of shit Weis is to everyone around him. Whatever Weis gets, it's not as much as he deserves.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

oh, i understand the torment the times may have had with reporting this, if true. although you'd like to think the sports ed/best folks would think a pretty strong piece could have been/may now be built around asking families of players/recruits what they think of pete now, if indeed true.

like i said, a separate issue. on this issue, the fact that weis is the source on this news or rumor is repulsive. might turn off many cheating nfl coaches from pursuing big-mouthed charlie.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Sure.

Like many, many people, I am interested in celebrities having such disregard of the most important vow one takes in life

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

beyond that, given pete's role as a "molder of young men," i see where this would be a story worth pursuing. if the l.a. times had "broken" it, i might think, "good job."

but with charlie weis as the "breaker" of the news, all i can think is, "what a dirty scumbag and fat p.o.s."

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So adulterers cannot be good college football coaches, and if I, a caring parent, have a freakishly large and athletic son who plays football, I should tell him to ignore all those first round NFL picks USC has almost every year, because Carroll was unfaithful to his wife? What reality is that?
    This may not even be true. And if it is true, it's likely Mrs. Carroll already knows about it.

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Seriously? 'da fuck?

Draft saved Draft deleted