1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weird Stuff You See ... Running Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by NightOwl, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Some would say I live out in the "country." But since I'm only 35 miles or so from Houston proper, it's not exactly the country. If you have ever been to Houston and the surrounding areas, you know what I mean. Anyway, I once saw a women ride up to the local convenience store on a horse. ON A HORSE. In the middle of a parking lot filled with cars. I may live in the country, but that was just weird.

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Have you ever seen a llama wearing pajamas?

3. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

We had a guy who lived a few houses down back in the day named Crazy Ed. I'm pretty sure he lived with his mom, and he always jogged around the block with Ace bandages on his elbows and knees and everywhere else -- and always wore gold chains. He'd play imaginary football with himself. Throw it deep, turn into the receiver, run under the ball and catch it for a touchdown. One time, after running around the block as usual, he decided to hurdle the for-sale sign in his front yard and tripped and fell on his face. Another time he called the neighbors across the street and threatened to shoot their cat if it didn't get off his car. But the best Crazy Ed story? When he was on his roof, pretending to rake leaves off the roof as a cover for spying on the neighbor lady who was laying out in her bikini, and fell off the roof and broke his arm.

4. NightOwl

NightOwl Guest

I was in Amish country in Pennsylvania last month, and I saw three horses tied to parking posts at the angle-in parking slots. It was awesome.

Three horses there, parked right in the middle of the cars.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

Strangest thing I've ever seen while driving: I'm headed north in I-95, somewhere near Fayeteville, N.C., when a guy steps out from beneath an overpass with his pants around his ankles and his dong in his hand. He was just standing there, facing the traffic, giving himself a ... vigorous workout.

6. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Sounds like Uncle Rico.

7. NightOwl

NightOwl Guest

Well, Crazy Ed always does live with his mom, doesn't he?

8. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Crazy Ed could never throw a football over them mountains. I doubt he could have figured out a video camera to make a highlight tape either.

9. My brother's best friend played basketball for the local university. The baller was 6-10.
    When my brother was moving, his friend and the tall guy agreed to help. On one trip, we had a recliner in the back of the truck and the baller sat in the back, reclined.
    I'm sure that was a funny sight to the other drivers out that day.

10. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I once walked within 20 feet of a 1,500-pound moose in downtown Anchorage on Thanksgiving Day.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Tadahito Mochinaga didn't do claymation. I believe all his puppets were made of wood pieces.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted