1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weird/out there question for dog shrinks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, May 20, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It is odd that she wants to come in all the time. Fang will nudge open the door everyonce in a while, if she thinks sh'es not getting enough attention.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yes. Near as I can tell. My wife does her rituals after I leave for work but she's never said, "You know, the dumbass does that to me, too."

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fang will lie on the carpet outside the shower, while Ms. Slappy is in there.

4. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Maybe the dog lays there thinking, "why is Moddy taking a dump in my water bowl?"

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I have a cat who insists on lying on the back of the toilet whenever I'm in the bathroom.

Critters are weird.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Maybe its a turd knocker admiration society

7. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

[​IMG]

Where is he when you need him?

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

God man! What the fuck did you eat? :D

But seriously, maybe the dog's nervous for you when you go in there. Maybe she thinks (correctly) that you're in distress when you do it. Maybe she's just trying to be there for you, kinda like those dogs that can sense when an epileptic is about to have a seizure and gets all excited and makes the person lie down so he doesn't hurt himself. I dunno...

9. Moderator1

Interesting and sound theory. This is the dog that won't leave the bed when I'm sick (or my wife is sick). This is the dog that licks your face first when you are sad (the other one joins in later). So that may be it.

10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Wow! What do I win?

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The short answer is... dogs are crazy. I've given up trying to figure mine out.

We have two Border Collies, one male and one female. The female humps the male, while the male looks around for someone to pull the crazy girl off of him.

We rescued the male a few months ago and he's still working out the whole go-potty-outside thing. It's a good thing he's such a sweet dog.

Our neighbors have bulldogs who absolutely refuse to shit in their own yard. They have to put them on a leash and walk them to a greenbelt to get them to go.

12. Moderator1

Yeah, one of mine won't shit in the yard either. We have perfectly good rugs for that.

Draft saved Draft deleted