1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weird/out there question for dog shrinks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, May 20, 2007.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

OK, I apologize in advance for this one. Seriously. I've debated whether to start it because it will probably lead to the kind of comments/discussion I hate.
    Yet it is bugging the shit out of me (no pun intended, explanation coming) and I figure if anyone can give me an answer, it is someone in our world. Try to think of the topic/question and not the circumstances, please.

Been a dog guy all my life. Usually had at least two at any one time growing up, sometimes three (like now). Had lots and lots and lots of dogs and I love all of them.
    Never had one like this.

I've mentioned before that one of my current sweeties is a tad special. Well, this dog is absolutely fascinated by me sitting on the, um, throne. It baffles me.
    If I'm in there with the door closed, she goes absolutely apeshit outside the door. Just nuts. When she senses that's where I'm heading (frantic look on face as I search for book or mag, rush in the right direction), she darts in and lies down right on the side of the throne. Cannot drag her out of there.
    She does nothing unusual while business is being conducted. Just sits there with this smiley look on her face. Leaves when the show is over.

The dog loves me a lot. But she doesn't go out of her way to sit right next to me other times, like now when I'm at the computer.

Help me understand, please.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You are on a roll tonight, fer shere...

Be glad there's a female out there who still finds you special naked from the waist down...

3. Moderator1

Well there's that.
    My dogs do love me more than anything or anybody.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

More than stoob?

5. Moderator1

Nope. This ain't one of those threads. Don't take it there. We're all growing up and moving on.
    And I do want to know what's up with the shit-taking loving dog.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Wasn't taking it anywhere.. was just a gentle tweak, not a broadside salvo...

Is there anything else in the bathroom that she likes -- a HVAC vent, a rug, etc... Does she sit and watch or lie down; do it when you pee or just when you send the kids to the pool?

7. Moderator1

It doesn't matter which of the three crappers I use. She'll sit sometimes, lie down sometimes (hey, now and then it takes a while). If I'm not sitting, she isn't interested.
    She lays on the shower mat, too, sometimes while I'm scrub-a-dub-dubbing but I've had dogs do that before.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

maybe she thinks she has your undivided attention... or you're some funny shit...

9. Moderator1

Maybe it is the attention thing but she gets plenty of that. Can, um, ah, shit smell sweet to a dog?

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I have heard your shit doesn't stink...

11. Moderator1

Maybe it does to a dog. To the humans among us, no. Not at all.

12. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I'll try and get this, uh, back on track....

Moddy, are you the only one she does this to?

Draft saved Draft deleted