1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weird Al Yankovic, er...Davis

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by qtlaw, Jan 31, 2008.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

So get my hair cut and my barber is an old friend of Norv Turner.

We're talking about the Lane Kiffin situation with the supposed proffered letter of resignation by Davis which Kiffin refused to sign. I ask him "what about Norv? Did he say Al was that weird?"

Turns out Al gave Norv 7! such letters of resignation. Damn, Al is either that stupid, arrogant or cheap (resign, no $$ owed on K). Maybe simply all of the above.

For a little while I held out some thought that Al was not as dumb, petty as the rumours. Never again.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The more this plays out, the more it looks like Mike Shanahan wasn't kidding. If that's the case, I despise Al Davis even more for making Shanahan look like the good guy.

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Somehow the Raiders won 3 Super Bowls and were the winningest franchise in all pro sports from the late 60s to late 80s. This occurred when they were being run by Al Davis. How is this possible?

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Or D: Just a crazy old senile bastard.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

What he said.

6. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

The crazy bastard didn't have majority ownership until about 3 years ago.

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Apparently, Al is planning on taking it with him....

8. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I was all ready to discuss how "That's your horoscope for today" is the greatest of Al's original tunes.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You know, there are a lot of parallels between the Raiders and "There Will Be Blood."

Draft saved Draft deleted