1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weezer gearing up for No. 6?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, May 6, 2007.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Interesting. Earlier this year, in an interview with MTV, Rick Rubin disclosed that the band has been sending him new stuff. Now, someone noticed that the URL www.albumsix.com links to the official Weezer site.

Hmmm. I know they're no everyone's cup of tea, but I dig alot of their stuff. Sixth album? F*** yeah!

2. Does that mean the lead singer's still not having sex?

3. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I'm a huge fan, but I don't know how good it'll be. Their last album, Make Beleive, was such a massive dissapointment after they put out a great album before that in Maladroit. Anyway, the new one is rumored to be called The Red Album (they already put out Blue Album, Green Album)....

Rivers put out a demo a few weeks ago, called "Pig." Not everybody's cup of tea, as threadstarter said, but I enjoyed it. http://www.anti-favre.net/reewez/media/pig.mp3

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The last CD might not have been as good as others, but there's no question that I would still buy the new one.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Weezer could issue CDs of Rivers Cuomo farting and it still wouldn't diminish the greatness of the "Buddy Holly" video.

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Make Believe nearly made one of my favorite bands dead to me. I would buy the next one the day it came out, and if it sucked, I would immediately smash it on the ground, start crying and go look for Pinkerton.

7. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I don't know about Weezer, but I'm gearing up for a No. 2.

Couldn't resist.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The minute I heard "Beverly Hills," I was out on Weezer. They sold out and went pop.

9. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

yeah, buddy holly wasn't pop

make believe sucked so bad i haven't listened to much weezer since then. well, besides pinkerton, that album so rules

10. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

No, he's having it — he's just tired of it.

Draft saved Draft deleted