1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weekly opening in Oregon...

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by ronalong, Sep 27, 2006.

1. ronalong

ronalong Guest

Company: Lake County Examiner
    Position: Sports/ General Reporter
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: $20,000 to $25,000
    Ad Expires: November 1, 2006
    Job ID: 685883

Description:
    Immediate opening -- general reporter/ sports reporter at small weekly in the beautiful high desert of Eastern Oregon. Pay range $8-11 per hour depending on experience. Full-time, some evening and weekend work. Cost of living extremely low. Great benefits. Need writing experience. Will teach photography. Some layout work involved. Email: tflynn@lakecountyexam.com resume or call 1-541-947-3378 for more information. Ask for Tillie Flynn.

What, must have writing experience to get a sports writers job? Maybe a good first job for a recent grad, if you have enough internships to get the $11 bucks an hour.

2. slipshod

slipshod Member

This is a small town in the middle of nowhere. Think they have two high schools. It's in the southeastern part of the state, very dry. It is quite close to the Nevada desert and has a geyser.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

well great. there was so much talk and commotion about this one ... it's a relief somebody finally cleared that up.

thanks again.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

The last time I made $8 an hour, I was working in the stockroom at a kids' furniture store, along with a gay guy and two Samoans. Interesting job, that.

No wait, I was actually making $10.25 then. Sorry, my mistake. Carry on ...

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

New TV show: Two Samoans, a gay and a furniture place for pizza.

6. Editude

Editude Active Member

No view, lake or pay.

Draft saved Draft deleted