1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week Favre NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I'd have the cajones to lay any points with the Redskins right now. Although if they can string together 4 safeties this week, that should be enough to cover against the Suckaneers.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You make a good point; I just think they're due. I mean, TB had like 80 yards of offense last week. The Skins are bad, but not that bad. I also think Blache learned his lesson by not blitzing a rookie QB in Detroit. I expect a little more heat on this Johnson kid. Still not sure if I'm taking the Skins offically, though. Thinking about it.

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I'm worried if I respond to this the Steeler Nation Bat Signal will go off and they'll flood the zone here.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

We get posts about Steelersjacks almost as often as we get Steelersjacks these days. :)

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Chris Gardocki has never had a punt blocked. And Steelerjacks lead the nation in threadjacks.

6. Tomlin said he may dress Sean McDonald and sit Limas Sweed, Sunday.
    With Mendenhall having sat out last week, the Class of 2008 is looking better and better.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

A Charles Woodson pick-six to win the game on Monday would be the ultimate.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't know how you play Sweed at this point. They just can't trust him. The very few times in his career he hasn't been invisible, he has had killer drops. McDonald is at least a servicable fourth receiver. Given how well Mike Wallace is playing, they don't need Sweed at all. They do need Mendenhall, but he has to get his act together. I am curious what he did to get benched.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Cincy laying 5 and a hook at Cleveland ....... Letdown city. Browns win.

Giants laying 9 at KC ............................... Probably a safe bet.

SF laying 10 at home vs. STL..................... Yeah, 49ers win by 4-5 TDs.

I'm torn on....

Detroit catching 10 and a hook in Chicago.....Bears will eat the rook. Shutout.

Skins laying 7 at home vs. TB..................... Take the under. Both teams suck.

Baltimore catching 2 in New England............ Great game. Staying away except that I might take the under.

Jets catching 6 and a hook in NOLA............ NOLA will win by 3 TDs.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

No offense - but have you watched Cleveland play this season?

They are awful. I mean, maybe worse than last year's Lions.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I know, but they have to win at some point. They won't lay down just yet. They're thinking this is a winnable game, not to mention they have plenty to prove because they want to beat the team that just beat the champions.

12. The only thing I either heard or read (on Steelers radio) was Tomlin said somehting about him not being with it during practice last week. Don't know if that means he was late, lazy or what.

I am loving Wallace and Logan.

Draft saved Draft deleted