1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 8 NFL Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Rex Grossman just threw his third touchdown to help make it 41-0 only 10 seconds before halftime. Grossman is 18 for 22 already for 202 yards and those three scores.

I knew the Bears would want to make a point after the Cardinals' meltdown, but this is pathetic.

2. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

A real quick fantasy question. ... If I have Bush, and he threw and INT, that counts as -2 just as a Bush passing TD would count as 6, no?

Fuck. The Ravens are really handlind their business, even if that last TD was a terrible play by the NO defense.

The 49ers suck.

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

You can't put down Reggie Bush like that. Running Backs need more then just 10 carries a game. He's only had two games in which he carried for over 11 carries and in both of those games, he actually did pretty good(15 carries/67 yards, 13 carries 53 yards).

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I still think the only reason I appreciate what Roethlisberger did last year is because I watched every game. That's how you see how many times he got them the lead by throwing, then did nothing in stat-padding time because all the Steelers do with the lead is run.

When he sucked in the Steelers' three-game losing streak, their offense sucked. He started playing well the last two weeks and suddenly they have put 83 points on the scoreboard in two games.

Yes, Charlie Batch threw two touchdown passes last week. He also missed four open receivers, usually because he wouldn't step into a throw under pressure.

Too bad the erratic running game, crappy secondary and early-season missed opportunities are going to keep the Steelers out of the playoffs anyway.

5. Chuck~Taylor

So is Warrick Dunn. Listen, to be a good running back, you need your touches. It's really hard for a back to get 100 yards on just 10 carries a game.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

When Barry Switzer said there were no Iowa States or Kansas States to schedule for Homecoming in the NFL, he never expected the creation of a team like the 2006 San Francisco 49ers.

It's Homecoming at Soldier Field today.

7. Chuck~Taylor

And Warrick is only 5'9 180. Bush is 6'0 203.

8. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

bush doesn't get more carries because he doesn't warrant any. he couldn't beat out a one-legged running back, and he averages 3 yards a carry.

and in reality, bush averages about 20 touches a game (when you consider carries, receptions and punt returns), he just doesn't do anything with them.

9. Chuck~Taylor

Receptions and punt returns aren't the same as carries. You need to get accustomed to your o-line during the game.

10. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

i am aware of that. that's why i pointed out he couldn't beat out the one-legged running back.

11. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Michael Vick is revolutionizing the NFL today.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You say you want a revolution, well, ya know, we all wanna change the world.
    But when you talk about production, don't ya know that you can count me out?

Draft saved Draft deleted