1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 8 College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HappyCurmudgeon, Oct 21, 2020.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Don't sleep on Indiana and its strong tendency for years to cash overs. This week is the opener with Penn State, with whom they've had high-scoring games the last few times.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'm old enough to remember when the WAC was a reputable league that included Utah, BYU, Wyoming, New Mexico et al.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

What a weird league that's evolved into.

That would all of a sudden give them six schools in Texas (UT Rio Grande Valley and Tarleton State are there now), along with New Mexico State, Seattle, California Baptist, Grand Canyon, Dixie State, Utah Valley and (um) Chicago State. I know Seattle really fancies trying to get into the West Coast Conference. Cal Baptist should be in the Big West, it makes way too much sense for them not to be there. Chicago State, I don't even know why they try. They're good at nothing and playing in a league like that must just have them bleeding money.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Cal Baptist?!?!

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

"The Belmont of the West"

Batman and maumann like this.
  7. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Cal Baptist uses a new translation of the Bible where John looks like Jeff Spicoli, wears boardshorts, eats pizza and baptizes his followers next to the Huntington Beach Pier. And God said, be excellent to each other and party on!

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Yeah, but do they have a music business program?

9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Any chance Michigan State can change its mind and take the season off anyway?

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I was born in Californio, and have lived the last 37 years in Southern California. I follow sports. I had to google Cal Baptist this morning.

The Big West already has one shitty sports program in Riverside, namely UC Riverside. They don't need two shitty Riverside schools.

maumann likes this.
  11. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Chef2 likes this.
  12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Watching this sludgeball spectacular between Nebraska and Ohio State and I’m reminded how perfectly fine I was with the Big 10 taking the season off.

Draft saved Draft deleted