1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 7 NFL Thread: The Insuffra-Bowl!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 18, 2016.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You are probably correct. And that's probably a big part of why we're discussing the ratings decline on the other thread.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There are only three reasons to watch Steelers-Patriots this week.
    1. You are a Patriots fan.
    2. You hate the Steelers and want to watch them take an epic beating.
    3. You are a Steelers fan who will watch no matter how bad things get.

Obviously, I am in the third category, but if I wasn't in any of those, I would have no interest at all in the game.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Please keep this list in mind this weekend when you're making your sixth post in a row about the inadequacies of the Steelers' third-string left guard.

4. Or you hate the Patriots And want to watch them take an epic beating. (In which case you will probably tuned out by halftime).

5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Semi-off-topic note:

Katie Nolan doing Drunk History tonight on Teddy Roosevelt and 19th century college football.

6. outofplace

My next such post will be my first. My posts regarding ongoing games or issues related to upcoming games are on-topic. Your whining about my posts is not on topic and it will not change my posting habits. Please keep THAT in mind next time you start to whine again. Thank you.

7. outofplace

I left that option out because there really is no chance that will happen with Roethlisberger out.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

What kind of programming genuises did this schedule?

Are the games shown live in Britain.

9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I think being fodder for London games was part of the "relocation fee" extracted by the Ginger Hammer. As opposed to Jacksonville, which goes over there willingly in some misguided attempt to be "Europe's Team."

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Both Cubs and Bears could be eliminated on the same night.

RickStain likes this.
  11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The Rams agreed to the game before the move to L.A. was official.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Once upon a time there was no Sunday night game for the NFL on the night of Game 2 of the World Series.

Draft saved Draft deleted