1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 6: Dirty Bird edition of the NFL Today

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Simplest defensive coaching error in the book. Bengals have knocked Brady on his ass all day rushing five. Two minute warning, they go to rushing four with seven in a zone. Five Brady completions later, touchdown New England.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Landry Jones can't even throw a ball away properly. Facing a defense that is putting on pressure all day? The Steelers are completely screwed if Roethlisberger can't return.

3. outofplace

Steelers' rookie Artie Burns badly blows a coverage to set up a short touchdown run. Dolphins lead about to be 16-8 at halftime. Obviously, Roethlisberger's injury is a big part of the problem, but once again a Mike Tomlin team failed to show up against a bad opponent.

The sloppy effort will get lost in the story of Roethlisberger's injury, but it shouldn't

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Hope this holds on the Steelers. Under 10.5 wins...

What happened to Roethlisberger?

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The 2nd coming of Ray Handley is underway in NJ

6. outofplace

Tweaked his knee avoiding a sack.

Now Stephon Tuitt is hurt. The Dolphins, who have had no running game this season, are ripping off huge games and Mike Mitchell just took his second penalty on a late hit. The Steelers aren't just losing this one. They could get blown out. The defense just isn't tackling. This is looking like the Eagles game again, but with a much weaker opponent.

exmediahack likes this.
  7. outofplace

Roethlisberger back, but looks like he is throwing flat-footed and it is hurting his accuracy. Dolphins getting some help by getting away with a blatant horse collar tackle on Bell. (I have no idea how anybody could have missed that one.)

8. Horrible throw.
    No run defenses. Offensive line is a mess. No passing game
    They are beat today.

9. outofplace

I know the Dolphins hadn't had their offensive line intact until today, but there is no excuse for getting trampled like this by one of the league's worst running attacks.

I agree that the knee injury is screwing Roethlisberger up, but I just don't understand how a team can seem unprepared so often. Dolphins are up, 23-8, and it should be more.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Halftime appears to have given the Patriots quite a bit of insight into the Bengals' thoughts and plans.

sgreenwell likes this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Don't underestimate New Orleans' ability to choke this away.

12. outofplace

Part off this has to be on Haley. The Steelers all but abandoned the run once Roethlisberger returned. Bell has had some success today and Roethlisberger is struggling. That last series was just awful. I'm guessing Miami goes on a long, run-oriented drive to put the game away now.

Draft saved Draft deleted