1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 6: Dirty Bird edition of the NFL Today

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 11, 2016.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

"Week X NFL running thread" is good enough for me.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I know people have ripped on the color rush uniforms, but I like both uniforms tonight.

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Few turnovers and some drops, but does Denver go back to Lynch next week.

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

From your own 40, you can't get it to the end zone.

6. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Agree! I made the same observation when I was in the other thread with other dummies who didn't realize it's Week 6.

Is that you, old_tony? The avatar threw me off. How long did you have the old one on there?

old_tony likes this.
  7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The old one was pretty much since I got here in about 2006. This one just feels good for now.

8. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

The turnovers both happened inside the 40, and the last one with plenty of time left and all timeouts when trying to make it a one-possession game. But that one came a play after a TD was called back for a hold. A hold also cost them the ball inside the 15 that later resulted in a missed 56-yard penalty. Another hold ended up with the Chargers getting a safety. The offensive line is repulsive. I'm not sure Lynch, who handled the pressure the line allowed in terrible fashion last week, helps much or if him playing right now helps him.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think I posted there too. At least the Chargers have links to their history.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The offensive line is absolutely putrid and needs to get fixed ASAP. Slow starts the last two weeks aren't helping the offense playing catch-up. They're off for nearly two weeks to try to get it fixed.

I loved the old-school helmets tonight. Wish they would bring them back permanently.

11. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I'd like to see that whole set up but with white pants. I think it would be pretty freaking sharp and I'd go for it in a second. The D logo on the navy blue looked really good, I thought.

The D has got to stop giving up the big, long drives. I mean 7 minutes and 10 minutes to open the game is ridiculous. But they virtually allowed nothing else the rest of the game despite some bad situations. They've been criticized the past two weeks, and some of it rightfully so, but still only gave up 23 and 19 points. Still, the way the offense has played in those games can't get that hole, especially if you're going most of the first half doing it.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I only saw clips online, so maybe this is a stupid question: Does Qualcomm have artificial turf now?

Draft saved Draft deleted