1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 5 NFL thread: Whatever happened to Deiter Brock?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Oct 2, 2012.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Cards-Rams kick off the slate Thursday.

On Sunday, RG3 tries to help out the '72 Dolphins in a matchup against the undefeated Falcons, and sj worlds collide as Jay Cutler and the Bears visit Jacksonville.

The Jets play Monday night, so an extra day of Tebow talk.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

It's Tebow time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The Jets draw the Texans, arguably the league's best team. I tend to agree with Merrill Hoge that the last thing Tebow needs is to be thrown into the starting lineup right now. As Hoge pointed out, with an offense completely devoid of playmakers and a defense that looks equally awful, EVERYTHING will fall on Tebow's shoulders if he replaces Sanchez. Hoge predicted Tebow doing so with the Jets in disarray would likely end his career because it would be a complete disaster.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Cleveland looking to avenge their last meaningful game against the New York Giants, December 21, 1958, Giants 10 Browns 0 in an NFL Playoff Game

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Merrill Hoge hates the idea of Tebow, so you have to take him in that light.

Coming in as a backup is a bit of a free roll for him this week. Sanchez is going to be terrible again, and Tebow will have the element of surprise because the Texans will not have spent a ton of time prepping for him. He actually looked decent in a very brief portion of the competitive part of the game against the 49ers. Completed a jump pass but the TE then fumbled. That turned it into a rout.

Sanchez has been broadly awful in three games save for one Tebow-like comeback in Miami. His only good game was against Buffalo and what has to be the league's worst D.

We're getting close.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I realize Hoge is among the country't top Tebow haters. But in that market, Tebow may very well be destroyed personally and professionally by being thrown into the shitshow that is the Jets offense. I like Tebow and would love for him to succeed, but he has absolutely nothing working in his favor long-term. Sure, he'd get the usual backup-to-the-rescue bump, but he does not have the skills to carry a team offensively, which is what he'd have to do. He doesn't have a running game to take pressure off him, and he doesn't have a defense to keep games close so he can work his magic at the end of games. He's basically fucked if he replaces Sanchez.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry about him personally or that he would be destroyed professionally. He's Forrest Gump-like. He will be happy because he decides to be happy, no matter what happens this year.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

9. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

I think Sanchez might get one more game (and maybe not even a complete one) before the Jets try Tebow. Their offense looked horrible last week.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

You're wrong. He's on a mission from God.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

49ers' defense has a way of making everyone look awful. But the Jets were just bad to start with.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

It's "Dieter", as in Ralph (Don't call me Dieter) Brock!

Draft saved Draft deleted