1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 4 College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Platyrhynchos, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

And the Aggies mustered a total of 38 yards of offense in the first half.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Nice call. It's only 31-3, UM, in the fourth.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Consolation TD for A&M, but unless Miami goes turnover crazy in the last eight minutes, this game's over.

Miami's defensive line has just owned the Aggies. They're rushing four repeatedly and getting good pressure.

4. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

May I be the first to congratulate GB-Hack on an excellent prediction. Nice going, GB!

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I take a little credit, but I didn't see this big a kicking coming. Then again, I don't think anyone saw A&M's implosion in the second quarter coming either.

Aggies hold the Canes at the goalline, but kill five minutes off the clock in the process. Down to two minutes left, 34-10 with the field goal.

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Glad to see the Aggies, overrated from the preseason, go down. They never should have been getting votes, let alone climbed to 16 in the coaches poll.

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Apropos of nothing, I read a nice little story on MU's Jeremy Maclin in the KC Star today. Apparently, he's the only guy in the country to have 100 yards in the following categories: rushing, receiving, punt returns, kick returns.

Gary Pinkel's game-day decisions have been stupifying at times. But one thing he has done is keep some of the best in-state talent, like Maclin (St. Louis), Martin Rucker (St. Joe) and Chase Coffman (Ray-Pec), in the damn state.

8. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

That's pretty much why he still has a job, if you ask me. Different sport, I know, but if Quin Snyder could've kept more in-state talent in the state -- hell, one player, Tyler Hansbrough, would've done the trick -- he might still have a job, too.

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

but ... but ... but ...

Tim Reynolds said

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

After the whipping the Canes took at Oklahoma, they needed this. Not to say the Aggies are a bad team, but as it was pointed out at halftime, they don't have the kind of offense that lets you come back from big deficits.

That said, they might finish fourth in the Big 12 South behind OU, Texas and Texas Tech. If they do, it might be tenuous as to whether Fran comes back.

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Texas Tech is due for their seemingly annual midseason implosion.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

They're going to be playing A&M for third in the division. Although, Texas might need to buck up its ideas before it plays the Red Raiders.

Draft saved Draft deleted