1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 2 NFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Sep 11, 2013.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

All the lines can be found here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/odds

Seahawks vs. 49ers at the same time as Breaking Bad. I don't approve. Also, Jets +13 looks pretty juicy. Jets are +475 on the moneyline. Might be worth a mid-range bet. San Fran +125 also gives decent value.

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

O/U of 41 on the Bengals/Steelers? With how bad Pittsburgh looks last week, how good the Bengals D is, and how mediocre the Bengals O is, I like the under there.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Redskins-Packers is a pretty good game. Cowboys-Chiefs isn't bad either, because we'll find out if the Chiefs are any good or if just Jacksonville is that bad.

Plus we have the Clowney-Bridgewater Bowl between the Raiders and the Jaguars.

4. Mizzougrad96

And this week, maybe I'll start Julian Edelman and Owen Daniels instead of leaving them on my bench in favor of James Jones and Zach Sudfeld. :D

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Nobody cares about...

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

RG3 is the #1 storyline in the league right now.

I don't think he's close to ready. Peterson's comeback put a lot of pressure on guys to do the same, but that's a damn short time to be back on the field.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Plus, you got the distinct vibe during the offseason - from RG3, from his dad, that he doesn't want to be a 'running qb' or 'read option qb' any more. I get it. The perception is that he will stay healthier, and I think there is also stigma to being a running NFL qb that isn't attached to the Bradys and Mannings.

But here's the problem: The Skins were so effective last year when Griffin was a threat to run and pass. They gained 5.8 yards per play on the read option. Alfred Morris gained 1,600 yards because defenses were so worried about other options.

Without that threat, I am not sure how effective the offense is.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Why the hell is Saints at Bucs a late afternoon game? Not only does that mean I'll be flipping back and forth between that and Broncos-Giants, but I also don't get an early Fox game and thus will miss Redskins-Packers, Vikings-Bears and/or Cowboys-Chiefs.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The Redskins' early schedule is BRUTAL.

Already lost to the Eagles, at Green Bay Sunday, then host a dangerous Detroit team. At Oakland in Week 4, then a bye week before at Dallas, home for Chicago then at Denver.

If RGIII doesn't improve in a hurry, they could be looking at 1-6.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Oppressive c. Fla. heat in September.
    The league has done this the last few years in Tampa.

11. joe king

joe king Active Member

That's a brutal schedule? I'll give you Green Bay. And I'm thinking you're counting Oakland as the win. But Philadelphia, Detroit and Dallas? It's been one week. Color me unconvinced. Remember, the Cowboys looked like an actual team in beating the crap out of the Giants in week 1 last year, too. And their offense Sunday looked suspiciously like the past several years -- lots of yards, few TDs and points (two TDs came from turnover returns and another came after a turnover set Dallas up at the NYG 16).

As I often say, when it comes to the NFL, I'm from Missouri. Show me. It's going to take more than one game to do that.

12. Mizzougrad96

The Redskins are likely to be 0-2 after this weekend and everybody is just going to freak the fuck out.

Draft saved Draft deleted