1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 2 college football thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Coming up on ESPN "College GameDay" in a few: Miss Teen South Carolina will show us the location of Appalachian State on a map.

Seriously.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

That photo of Miles and LSU fans wearing the shirts comes from the signing-day function where, in front of thousands, including his wife and children, Miles famously referred to the Tigers' now-elevated rivalry with "fuckin' Alabama."

4. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Lee Corso and Steve Spurrier won't be trading Christmas cards anytime soon.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Am watching the start of the Miami-Oklahoma game.. .if this broadcast were a movie, Ed Cunningham would be played by Ethan Embry...

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Should have been pass intereference on the Sooners on the opening play. [canesfanboylooser]

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

At least it was overturned.

Toby F'n Keith introduced the Sooners? Seriously?

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Yeah, what's with that shit? Hadn't seen Gino Torretta is ages too. Those Canes jerseys are awful. As is their D on the opening drive.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

OK, I'm sitting in the living room in from of the HDTV. Ms. Slappy is at her brother's birthday party/watching the Alabama game and I'm working on a story in the lazboy...
    Am channel surfing and have noticed something missing. For the first time in I dont know how long, I realize that there is no Big Ten football on the early game. No ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNPlus games to be found anywhere.
    Fuckabunchabigtennetwork.
    I'd like to watch Akron beating Ohio State, 2-0, but not worth bending over for Jim Delany.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Sometimes Nike fucks with jerseys just for the sake of fucking with jerseys.

Randy Shannon's defense is going to have to get better, otherwise OU is going to run the 'Canes right back to Coral Gables.

EDIT: O-line might want to work on its pass-blocking as well.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Looks like Big Ten Network convinced Dish Network to put them on.

In my future and yours ... running women's crew threads by me. At long last!

12. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Fixed. Marshall 13, West Virginia 6 at halftime.

Draft saved Draft deleted