1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 17 NFL: The seeding thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Dec 29, 2015.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Get over what?

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Johnny Manziel (concussion) ruled out for Sunday

Manziel ruled out of Sunday's game against the Steelers due to a concussion. I know there was some fuss over a video of him holding a drink during a Christmas party, but apparently the Browns had already announced there would be no discipline.

Somebody look up Austin Davis's career high for passing yards in a game. He is sure to set a new one Sunday. Terrelle Pryor will be the backup.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Giving a shit about what I like or don't like.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I don't know about that. I remembered him having a couple of very strong games last year, so I did look it up. He put up 375 yards with three TDs and no interceptions (103.7 rating) against Philadelphia. That might be hard to top.

He also threw for 327 on 71.4 percent passing and three TDs against Dallas, but he also threw two interceptions that day.

5. outofplace

I knew he had thrown for over 300 in a game, but not that much. I meant that more as a dig at Pittsburgh's dogshit secondary, which is certainly capable of giving up more than 375 passing yards to just about anybody.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

The Steelers will win by at least three TDs -- and oop will still be bitching about the defense.

old_tony likes this.
  7. outofplace

You mean like when I correctly pointed out that Manziel's big day the last time the teams played demonstrated worsening problems on defense, which cost them a loss the very next week? Yup. Entirely possible.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Oh, I don't give a shit beyond thinking it's weird. And that only took 1.4 seconds. I can spare it.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Bama-VT actually had a higher viewership than the semi.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Whoever it is, he's innocent. /Rhody

old_tony likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted