1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 17 NFL: The seeding thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Dec 29, 2015.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yup. Watch the Bills win, but the Steelers shit themselves and lose again. Would be a fitting end to their season.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I'm going out on a Mike Wilbon limb, I don't expect Carolina to lose, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do.

3. Nah. Johnny Football is in trouble again (another video of him partying). He may be benched again.
    I think Steelers roll. And the fucking Jets when on a last second FG.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Stay classy, San Diego.
    The Chargers fined Eric Weddle, probably their most popular player and best defensive player, $10,000 for not coming into the locker room at halftime of the game against the Dolphins. He stayed out to watch his daughter perform in a halftime show sponsored by the Chargers' cheerleading squad.
    They also put him on injured reserve for the last game of the season.

Chargers fine, send All-Pro safety Weddle to IR

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah, and the Chargers let their punter watch the show without incident.

Dickbags.

6. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

The fine is one thing. The IR designation, and not allowing him to travel to the last game, is a dick move.

7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Welcome to Chicago, Eric!

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

This is a pet peeve of mine - why on earth do the networks (especially NFL Network) clog the screen with fantasy stats?

1. Practically every fantasy league has their own boutique scoring, so the fantasy points shown are useless.
    2. It clogs up the screen. I bought a nice big hi-def flat screen to be able to see more of the game... not the stats of the 4th best TE performer of the week
    3. Everybody who plays fantasy has a phone! They aren't looking at the TV for their updates.

QUIT DOING THIS!!

Craig Sagers Tailor and Vombatus like this.
  9. LongTimeListener

poin, I agree with you, but I think they might be doing that because if they don't, people will stop watching altogether and just follow their stats. I know I've done that quite a few times and not lost an ounce of enjoyment.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Fantasy sports are one of the main reasons I don't care about real sports nearly as much as I used to.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Its sunday night and I turn to the NFL network for an hour of highlights. I didn't see too much of New Orleans-Jacksonville (humor me), and I want to catch up on highlights in full glory HD.

Its 9:00 pm. There is no good use for the day's fantasy kickers clogging up 20% of my flat screen, down the right side. None. Its not useful at 9:00 pm. Its not useful at 1:00 pm.

I can handle looking at my phone, as well as the tv. Its 2015. We all do it.

12. LongTimeListener

Steve Smith's second annual retirement will take place after the 2016 season.

WR Smith Sr. says he'll return to Ravens in '16

He was also "going to retire" after 2014 (as of the end of 2013) until the Panthers released him before that season.

He'll be Hall of Fame eligible by 2025 for sure.

Draft saved Draft deleted