1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 16 NFL thread: The Jason Garrett/Jim Schwartz Death Watch begins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Dec 17, 2013.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Jerrah: Garrett was wrong, Romo should have been throwing, when you suck like we do you have to gamble.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/10152810/jerry-jones-dallas-cowboys-owner-supports-tony-romo

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Do you have to take the contracts, too? That has a big impact.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Let's take the contracts out of the picture and go with ability and what's left in the tank.

4. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Dez Bryant and it's not even close for me. I take the risk with his antics. He's one of the better gifted wide receivers in the NFL.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think Bryant would go very high in a Cowboys dispersal draft.

6. LongTimeListener

"Sources" say RGIII's dad is a real fucking pain in the ass.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1891163-rgiiis-stubbornness-and-his-fathers-interference-bedevil-shanahan-redskins

Griffin’s father has increasingly become the kind of nuisance that some people warned NFL executives about before the 2012 draft. In recent weeks, according to two sources close to the situation, the elder Griffin has politicked Snyder to hire Baylor coach Art Briles, who coached the younger Griffin to a Heisman Trophy, to replace Shanahan.

That has come on the heels of the elder Griffin privately second-guessing Shanahan on his play-calling from the playoff game last year when his son suffered a significant knee injury, according to The Washington Post's Mike Wise. One source who has known the Griffin family for at least six years recently compared the elder Griffin to the late Earl Woods, Tiger Woods' father and a man who many believe lived in the reflective glory of his son’s accomplishments.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

BFD; I'd say Mr. Griffin "thanks, but we'll handle this our way" and go my way. He's got an opinion, fine, now step aside unless you want to pony up $1B to buy the team. Who says anyone has to respond to what Mr. Griffin says?

8. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Saints have gone against my wishes and cut kicker Garrett Hartley, the man whose 40-plus yard pressurized boot sent them to the Super Bowl a few seasons back.
    I don't agree with the decision today.

9. joe king

joe king Active Member

The point here is that it doesn't take long to run out of guys you'd be thrilled to get.

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

True, which is why I was curious about contracts. If you have to take them at their current deals, I think the list gets even shorter.

11. LongTimeListener

He is 30th in the league in accuracy, which is pretty hard to do when you're playing more than half your games in domes and attempting only one kick from 50 or more yards.

12. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

Sorry I can't agree Blitz. Love what Hartley did in the '09 NFC Title game, but never could really trust him. And even that season he missed against Tampa Bay to clinch top spot in the conference.
    He misses too many kicks that NFL kickers should nail 95 percent of the time.

Draft saved Draft deleted