1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 16 NFL thread: The Jason Garrett/Jim Schwartz Death Watch begins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Dec 17, 2013.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

C'mon. Give us your clever nicknames for the coaches. You know you want to.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

May the Schwartz be with you

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Heinz Field has them.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You're kidding. A stadium was built in the 21st century with urinal troughs?

That is so Steelers.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

If by "Steelers" you mean "Rooneys being cheap" then yes, it is.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Good grief! Talk about too much information!

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Been a couple of years since I went to a game at Rich Stadium but I am pretty sure they still have troughs. Saw a crazy fight at the troughs once years ago when the Pats were in.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

On the other hand, a Dallas loss and a Philly win Sunday would render Week 17 meaningless and we can lop off the head of Howdy Doody a week early.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

No, no, we need a Week 17 game with meaning involving the Cowboys, in the Sunday night spot, with Romo and the Ginger throwing up all over the field. Again. It's ratings gold.

10. Football_Bat

Actually, I think Garrett saves his job if he can get one more win and go into Week 17 with a shot. Jerry still loves him and the league is running out of yes-men for Jerry to go after.

Garrett and Callahan are only part of the problem. The whole franchise needs a high colonic.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Speaking of Garrett, Hartley cut by the Saints:

http://www.wwltv.com/sports/Saints-cut-kicker-Garrett-Hartley-236284411.html

I know he made arguably the two biggest kicks in franchise history --- the game-winner in the 2009 NFC title game and the 44-yarder just before the half of the Super Bowl --- but he's been an wildly inconsistent, undependable headache otherwise.

12. Football_Bat

This is probably good for a thread of its own, but let's say the Cowboys are contracted and the players are thrown into a draft. Who do you take?

The first player might be the kicker, Dan Bailey. Then Tyron Smith, Sean Lee, Travis Frederick, then Dez (because of his sundry issues), and then Romo and Witten (because of their age). Lee might drop below all of these because of his injury-proneness. I think DeMarcus Ware is done like dinner.

Draft saved Draft deleted