1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 16 NFL: The White Privilege Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Dec 22, 2015.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Don't know that I expected to ever say this this season, but Cousins and the Redskins offense look pretty damn good. Better than the Aaron Rodgers-led Packers offense has been the last two months.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Eagles are a shit show. Chip Kelly is no better than Rex Ryan

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

The Redskins struggle to run. They can beat teams like the Bears, Bills and Eagles by being being one-dimensional. They can't beat any other teams in the playoffs like that. The Seahawks, their wild-card opponent, are an especially bad matchup for them.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Gotta admit, I like that.

5. Mr. Sunshine

The Redskins haven't beaten a team above .500.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I'm well aware of that -- Washington has played only three games against teams that currently have winning records, and they've been outscored 105-46 in those games. But Cousins has clearly shown progress, to the point that it looks like the Redskins might finally have found a viable starting QB.

Clearly, they need to be able to run the ball. But if they have a QB, they've got the hardest part out of the way.

7. Mr. Sunshine

This sets up nicely for the Skins to sign Cousins to a huge deal then watch him suck for the next few years.

SnarkShark, Key and PCLoadLetter like this.
  8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

But, he's white and buoyant.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Between Cousins, Fitzpatrick Bradford and Taylor - all four free agents - I don't know who I'd want. Figure their current teams will offer them low-risk deals with maybe $15 mil in the first year, but cut options after each season. I don't see any of them leading their teams to a Super Bowl, but they've established a semi-reliable baseline that you at least know what you're getting. Though all four could regress a bunch next year as well.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

QB have not teams like Houston are desperate. They will offer guaranteed money to someone like Cousins. Your offer needs to include a decent signing bonus.

11. He's the second coming of Gus Frerotte.

A Neil O'Donnell derby. Ugh.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Yeah, this bears repeating. No rhythm anymore, and sustained momentum pays the price. Hard to watch games when they're chopped into little pieces like that. Review, replay, replay, replay, replay, replay, replay, commercial.

Draft saved Draft deleted