1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 16 NFL: The White Privilege Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Dec 22, 2015.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That was pretty much the Bat Signal, calling OOP to the thread. :D

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I schlong for the days when we could discuss men beating the hell out of other men over a pigskin civilly.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

With McCarron starting and Eifert possibly out again, does anyone think the Bengals win Monday night? The Broncos have been slumping, but that defense is still good enough to make a McCarron-led offense look bad. Plus, even at full strength the Bengals usually suck in prime time.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Why are you assuming McCarron sucks? He's been more than adequate in the two games he's played.

Perhaps the problem was Daytime Dalton for the prime time games.

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

He was fine against a shitty 49ers team. Even at 80 percent of what it was, the Broncos' defense is twice as good as the 49ers'.

6. McCarron was playing against a soft Steelers defense. And, he threw a pick six that ruined any hope of a comeback. The Niners? Well, as noted the Broncos defense they ain't.

I think Cincy can win. They won't.
    On MNF.
    In Denver.
    Probably be a 12-10 type of game.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

In regards to the white qb's games.......if those games are played in a blizzard, could it really be called a white-out?

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I love when you make predictions about the NFL.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

McCarron's results were mixed against the Steelers, but that was coming on in relief when he hadn't been practicing with the first team. He should be at least a little better prepared now. Sure, he's a big drop-off from Dalton, but he could be decent.

Osweiler looks a bit better, but I do wonder if the shoulder injury he suffered last week will hamper his game. He simply wasn't as sharp after the injury Sunday. Some of that was Pittsburgh benching Blake and playing better, but I think part of it was also the injury throwing off his mechanics a little. His throws weren't as accurate. Maybe he just needs a little rest and treatment or maybe it will nag him.

Either way, Denver has the better defense and the Bengals have the better running game. In that matchup, I'll take the defense.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Speaking of the Steelers, they will continue to start Antwon Blake at cornerback despite his horrid play. Never mind that the one major personnel change Pittsburgh made from giving up 27 points in the first half to zero points in the second half against Denver was to sit Blake and give most of those snaps to Brandon Boykin. I just do not get the thinking behind the stubborn insistence on using Blake.

Steelers notebook: Cornerback rotation won't change

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Weird stat that might interest only me, and probably doesn't mean anything: Ten of the 16 teams in the AFC, including all of the teams in the North and South divisions, have had at least two quarterbacks start two or more games.
    Also, over the last two seasons a total of 13 different quarterbacks have started games for the teams in the AFC South.

12. I don't get it. Did Boykin fuck Tomlin's wife in front of his kids and put it on YouTube? The guy makes plays. And Blake is awful. Putrid. The coaches know something. But damned if they are telling anyone.

Draft saved Draft deleted