1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 14 NFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 3, 2013.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

It's actually 1:30 London time, that Sunday morning being the week the clocks go back here but the week before they go back in the U.S.

And every pub in Britain is open at 1:30 p.m. on a Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

InsideUSC ‏@InsideUSC 22h
    Pat Haden admitted on Dan Patrick Show that he contacted Jon Gruden on #USC job. ``He wants to coach in the pros,'' Haden said

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'm sure I can get all lathered up over the thought of Gruden wearing the burgundy and gold.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That would be an interesting one. I could also see him taking one of the NY jobs if either open up.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

"We're hiring Gruden" is the coaching equivalent of "We're moving to Los Angeles."

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

If they actually take away a pick (which would be ridiculous), I'll take the Steelers off 'favored nation' status.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yeah, the guy's agent does a great job of keeping his client's name out there.

8. Mizzougrad96

Gruden plays into it as well.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Plus, he can coach pretty well.

10. Mizzougrad96

Oh, he's a damn good coach.

Most of the criticism thrown at Gruden is more than warranted, but the guy definitely can coach.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

- People hear the fluff he says on MNF and think he is semi-fool. The guy is brilliant.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think some people (most of the people on this board are probably excluded) forget that a guy like Gruden who may be interested in returning to coaching isn't going to criticize too harshly the players and/or organizations he may hope to join.

Maybe I'm misremembering, but I feel like he was more candid and critical during his first season in the booth. Maybe at that point he had no intentions of returning to the sideline?

Draft saved Draft deleted