1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 14 NFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Yep, that camera angle from the end zone spoke volumes of his intent once he saw Jones breaking along the sideline.

For him to truly own up to the fuck up, he would need to admit that he intentionally side-stepped onto the field.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

$100K fine, which I think is more than fair...

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

on a $2,500,000 salary, will he even know it's missing ?

4. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

One day a teacher says to her class, "I want you to describe what your father does for a living and spell it."
    Little Sally raises her hand, the teacher acknowledges her and Sally says, "My dad is a banker. That's B-A-N-K-E-R."
    The teacher says, "Very good, Sally. Who's next?"
    Little Johnny gets called on, he stands and says, "My dad is an electrician. That's spelled E-L-U-K . . . E-L-L-E-K . . . E-L-E-K-T-R-I-S-H . . . "
    At that point a kid in the back of the class jumps up and says, "My dad's a bookie. That's B-O-O-K-I-E and he's offering 20-1 that Johnny is never spelling 'electrician.' "

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Falcons-Lions game next year in London will kick off at 9:30 a.m. EST.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24337575/falconslions-2014-game-in-london-will-kickoff-at-930-am-et

Big fan of this.

6. Mizzougrad96

Love that. I'll feel like I'm back on the west coast.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Church attendance in Atlanta will be close to zero percent.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

The Falcons don't have that many local fans.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

At least Atlanta doesn't have to hope for a blackout so they get to see a decent game in its place.

10. Mizzougrad96

Why? Are the Dawgs playing on Sunday? :D

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Well, that's 2:30 pm London time. So the pubs will be open by the time the game is over.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They still haven't closed the case. Apparently, they are waiting to see if it somehow becomes a factor in playoff tiebreakers (points scored figures in there somewhere). They may end up taking away a draft pick once the 2014 order is set.

Somebody tell us again about this being a favored team? Tell that to the Steelers. The front office is apparently pretty damn pissed that the league is talking about taking away a pick, pointing out that there is no precedent to do so. They should have learned their lesson from the Roethlisberger suspension.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/2013/12/04/NFL-fines-Steelers-coach-Tomlin-100-000/stories/201312040140

Draft saved Draft deleted