1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 14 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Dec 7, 2006.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

Braylon Edwards sucks. Just another of my second-tier players who ONLY score when I don't play them.

2. joe king

joe king Active Member

What position did you play?

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Eh. Season sweep is just fine with me. ;)

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Luckily I did play Mr. Edwards and he trumped Nate Washington's 12 points with 14! THANK YOU BRAYLON!

On a side note, Najeh's been known more for his ass-sploits with his bum off the field than on it. He was the one who crapped on a pair of shoes if I'm not mistaken.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Linebacker.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Damn rookie safety and that crappy turf saved them this time, though Smith was pretty damn good otherwise.

Best moment of the night was James Farrior avenging a cheap shot by separating The Soldier from the ball with a big hit. For those who missed it, Winslow took a blatant cheap shot at Farrior after a play was over, then got smacked for his troubles a couple of plays later.

That was as thorough of an ass-whipping as you will ever see in a game only decided by 20 points. Only thing that could have made it better would have been holding on to the shutout or not having to listen to Gumbel all night.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

After watching the first half, if Braylon Edwards ever, EVER pipes up again anytime soon, someone should superglue his lips shut and then beat him with the bottle. He's responsible for more dropped passes than the girls I hit on.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The Browns are as broken a franchise as there is in sports. Sad, really. Sad.

9. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, I think it's pretty funny. But I'm a bit biased.

The pattern has to be really disturbing to Browns fans. Once again, the Browns showed some life the first half of the season only to fall apart as the year went on. And, of course, they were swept by the Steelers again, including another blowout.

11. In the words of the immortal Stephen A Smith, He is hor-ri-ble. I've tried to sit through some of the other Thursday night broadcasts with him and Collinsworth, an I thought he was just bad at calling play-by-play, but listening to the Steelers game last night, where I actually know some of the players not named Hines Ward and Ben Roethlisberger, Gumble doesn;t even seem to do his hoemwork. He was mispronouncing names right and left, and misidentifying players right and left. After the first quarter, I just bit the bullett and listened to the Steelers broadcast over the internet and put up with the 15 second delay (yes, I am one of the few without Tivo to pause the game to make up for the gap). I know the NFL network thought putting a recognizable face and voice in the booth would help out, but it is the friggen NFL, a product that sells it self pretty easily when it's the only game on for the day. They made a baaaaad decision with Gumble,a nd Collinsworth is and has always been a Bungles homer and an idiot to boot.

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Two games that have me puzzled a bit in regard to the betting line: Ravens getting three points at Chiefs (homefield advantage?) and Vikings a two-point dog to the Lions.

???

Draft saved Draft deleted