1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 14 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Dec 7, 2006.

1. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Cowboys sign S Tony Parrish, 32, formerly of the 49ers. If he can play worth anything (and I think he can, I think Nolan just wanted to get rid of him in SF), he's an upgrade over what Dallas has now.

If the Cowboys shore up their FS spot, their biggest weaknesses become: (1) Rushing the opposing quarterback and (2) Pass defense by their SS, Roy Williams. The pass rush can be aided by blitzing, but what is really needed is for the young DL to step up their games. Roy Williams is so good against the run that you have to live with his below-average coverage skills.

The O-line, long a problem for the 'Boys, has come together well. If the Cowboys can generate even a slightly-above-average pass rush (and, of course, barring major injuries), they are going to be a force in the playoffs. I'm not saying they're going to the Super Bowl, but if Parrish works out they will have as few or fewer weaknesses than the other NFC contenders.

Then again, Romo could suddenly realize he's in his first year as a starter and we could see more of his first half against the Giants . . .

Thoughts?

BTW, thank God there's an NFL game tonight, even if it's Browns-Steelers. I'm jonesing bad for some football.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

What's with your indents?

3. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Just personal taste. Sorry if they bug you. Believe me, you wouldn't be the first! :)

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I think Parrish is a good move. Heck, he's just happy to be out of San Fran and playing for a "contender."

5. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

If Tommie Harris is out for the season, that could be the single most devastating injury of the year for any contender.

F*ck!!!

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I read the same story in the Trib today. It's a hamstring injury. He'll play in the postseason. Mark it down.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Can I also mark down at least one loss for the Bears down the stretch? How bout two to make the Home-field race interesting :D

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Sure, keep thinking the Cowboys will win out. :p

9. Tommy_Dreamer

Well, with the Bears' soft-as-Cottonelle schedule down the stretch, I know they will :D

10. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Moses Moreno for Bears quarterback.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wow. Nice reference by the kid. :D

I vote for Dave Krieg myself.

12. Tommy_Dreamer

Stupid ass Nate Washington! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Draft saved Draft deleted