1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 14 College Football: Holy Tebow! A Civil War for the Rose Bowl?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Nov 30, 2009.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

And though it was a slim possibility, there was the chance that Florida could have won last year and not made the championship game. It was 98 percent a certainty that Florida would make the title game, but not 100 percent.

This year, that's not the case. The winner WILL go to the BCS title game.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Fine. There's a 2 percent difference. Ya got me! :)

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Humphrey's record is 1,471. Ingram's at 1,429 now. If he breaks it this week (or in the bowl game), he'll have done it in more games. Humphrey rushed for 159 yards in the 1986 Sun Bowl (which would have actually given him 1,630 for the season), but bowl stats didn't count then.

4. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Ohio State was favored by at least a touchdown in that game with Florida, if I'm not mistaken. Knowing what we know now, that would never be the case, but I don't think there were many people calling that a guaranteed L for tOSU going in.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

how did Si come up with 1,399?

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Because the issue was published before the Auburn game, in which Ingram had only 30 yards rushing.

7. JackReacher

Number of days between probation periods at Alabama? :)

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There was a Florida-Florida State game in the Spurrier era that was pretty huge, if it wasn't 1 v. 2, it was 1 v. 3.

9. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I'd love to see Alabama beat Florida and Nebraska shock Texas to really throw a wrench in the works.

10. JackReacher

Wasn't that the national title game?

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I can't imagine how anyone can think Ohio State-Michigan a couple years back is bigger than Florida-Bama.

The SEC is by far college football's best conference. The Big 10 has been down for quite some time and the only time it's produced a national title has been when it was split (Michigan in 1997) or when Ohio State got the benefit of that call against Miami.

Two teams coming out of the SEC unbeaten is unheard of. If you add that to Florida being the defending champion, playing with one of the best college football players ever against Alabama, which likely has this year's Heisman winner, arguably the two best coaches in the game and probably two of the most passionate fan bases in the game, I'd take this game over that one in a fucking heartbeat.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If that happens, I would not be stunned to see a Bama-Florida rematch in the title game. I don't think TCU would jump over Florida with one loss. I think they would jump over Bama with one loss, but I think if Bama wins a close game and Texas loses, we would see Bama-Florida again.

And yes, that would fuck everything up, which would be fantastic.

Draft saved Draft deleted