1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 13 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

And many other deserving assistants are overlooked so someone like Art Shell can be rehired despite being out of football for more than a decade. I stand by my statement.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Apparently, he doesn't work those corners with his pimp hand the same as he does 12th and Vine.

3. aspiring

aspiring Member

Like I said. The Coach of the year will be a new hire, as well as an assistant last year. Sean PAyton has to be the front runner for what he's done in New Orleans.

Yeah, Lovey has doen a good job in Chi-town, but Sean has finally found the formula that seems to work for the talent on both sides of the ball in The BIg Easy

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

The Art Shell thing is sort of an anomaly since Al Davis is freaking cuckoo.

The one guy who should not get another chance is Jon Gruden. That guy is fortunate he had everything fall just right for him one year because he sucks at evaluating personnel.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If a coach can't handle the locker room, he is not getting the job done. If the players won't buy into his program, that absolutely reflects on the coach. You go get players who will or find a way to work around the bullshit.

Coughlin can't even get his team to play disciplined football, which is supposed to be his focus as a coach. I don't think he will be fired after this season, but I wouldn't say it was a terrible move if the Giants do make that decision.

Coughlin just hasn't been nearly as good of a fit in New York as he was in Jacksonville.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I'm going to Kansas City, Kansas City here I come.
    I'm going to Kansas City, Kansas City here I come.
    They got some crazy little women there
    And I'm gonna get me one.

I'm gonna be standing on the corner, Twelfth Street and Vine.
    I'm gonna be standing on the corner, Twelfth Street and Vine;
    With my Kansas City baby and my bottle
    Of Kansas City wine.

-- Wilbert Harrison

Great old rock-and-roll reference, Oz. If I wasn't already da man, you'd be da man.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Haven't had much time to post today but .....

HOW BOUT THAT COWBOY!

Martin Gramatica that is!

8. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Now THAT was crappy tackling!

9. my career is in ruins. i forgot that bettis' dad died and posted a question on a message board.

tell mike fannin i couldn't go on.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

contrite
    adj.

1. Sorry for something one has done.

Thesaurus: repentant, penitent, humble, rueful, chastened, sorry, guilt-ridden.
    2. Resulting from a feeling of guilt.

Example: a contrite apology
    Derivative: contritely
    adverb

Derivative: contrition

Remorse.
    Thesaurus: remorse, regret, sorrow, penitence.
    Deep sorrow for past sin and resolve to avoid future sin.
    Etymology: 14c: from Latin contritus crushed.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

You forgot Bettis' dad died? It happened five days ago.

[​IMG]

12. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I forgot too when I answered with my Scoop joke. Happens. Unfortunately for J-Dub, when he forgot it made him look like an insensitive ass.

Draft saved Draft deleted