1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 13 NFL Thread: Laces OUT, Dan!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CitizenTino, Dec 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

They could run the Cover Two better than most with Polamalu healthy, but I'm convinced offenses have figured it out. It worked for the Bucs back in the day because they had All-Pros on the line at linebacker and in the secondary. I don't think the Steelers get enough of a consistent pass rush from the line or a strong-enough secondary overall.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Wait a minute - these redzone problems are not new or unique to this team and frankly, to pick out individual plays here and there is being dishonest to try and prove your point.

The first drive of the game, dude returns a kick to the 20 and you run up the middle twice, throw an incomplete pass and settle for a field goal. Not exactly inspired play calling.

Your quarterback throws a bad pick in the endzone - how many of those has he thrown or come close to throwing because you don't have many different plays for him to choose from and teams jump those routes and know what is coming.

And yes, he slipped on fourth-and-one - why was it fourth and one.

If the Steelers come away with 20 points in those four trips - as opposed to three - nobody is talking about the end of the game.

The defense sucks. The offense ain't much better.

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I'm still baffled at how they allowed the suckass Raiders to drive 84 and 88 yards on back-to-back drives.

You've lost three in a row and were playing a 3-8 team at home. Yeah, the secondary sucks but where was the sense of urgency?

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Zag, you're the only racist on this thread.

5. zagoshe

I can't be - I am defending Michael Vick.....

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Wow, zag ... you're an even bigger asshole than I thought.

7. zagoshe

So much so that Jimmy Buffet once wrote a song about me, I think.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.