1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 13 college football thread: Don’t It Make My Buckeyes Blue?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Nov 21, 2022.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

More than 200 yards rushing before contact, about 265 total. Oregon 0-5 on 4th down, one blocked punt, one punter tackled at the 1. Running the ball and special teams won it. Oregon was absolutely steamrolled in the fourth quarter.

Great day for me too. Civil War victory and alma mater wins its FCS playoff game.

maumann likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

What happens when an irresistible force meets a wall of jello?

UAB was #10 in team rushing going into today's game vs La Tech, who was #130 0f 131 in rush defense.

RB DeWayne McBride finished with a touchdown and a career-high 272 yards on 16 carries, an average of 17 yards per attempt, and broke UAB’s single-game and single-season rushing records previously held by Jordan Howard. The junior has 1,713 yards and 19 touchdowns this season, with one game remaining, and leads the NCAA in yards per game (155.7) and rushes of more than 20 yards (23). He left the game in the middle of the third quarter after getting the records.

He was ill and missed the first game, a 59-0 tune up against Alabama A&M, or he'd have a couple of hundred more yards.

#2 RB Jermaine Brown Jr. had 119 yards on 22 carries and scored on runs of 29 and 23 yards. He's over 700 yards on the season.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

“Step toward the light, David. I mean Coach Shaw. Come join my model train club. We have hats and secret decoder rings and the sweet knowledge and peace that is having millions of dollars in the bank and no longer having to be involved with football. Did some weirdo at Stanford fix you up with some weird technology stock that will make you millions but somehow create a Doomsday device too? Me too! Embrace happiness, Coach. We meet every Wednesday in my model train room. I make popcorn and watch Dragon Ball Z, too.”

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Notre Dame's not bad. Next year could be their year.

Welp, Utah, here we go again. Playoff or bust.

ChrisLong likes this.
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Playoff scenario seems pretty simple to me. Georgia and Michigan are locks even if they lose next week. TCU and USC are in with wins. Ohio State is next in line. Alabama after that. I think TCU should probably get in even with a close loss to Kansas State but I know that won't happen.

maumann and Liut like this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

They probably should. Tougher schedule, and at worst, they'll have more wins and the same amount of losses as Ohio State.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Miami really moved Heaven and Earth to get this guy.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Somehow, Herbstreit had Alabama ahead of Ohio State. Something about their two losses being close and Ohio State finishing worse. Yeah, because Ohio State was playing Michigan while Alabama was playing a bad Auburn team. WTF?

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm looking at Alabama's schedule right now ... the only good wins were at Texas in Week 2, at home against Clanga and at Ole Miss.

Ohio State is really only hanging its hat on beating Notre Dame in the opener and winning at Penn State. Both of Bama's losses were on the road. Ohio State's was a blowout at home. Granted, it was against a playoff team, but getting trucked like that is a bad final impression to leave the committee.

I'm hoping TCU and USC take care of business so we don't have to parse through those resumes.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

So is the committee, I suspect.

Cosmo and Liut like this.
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The crazies in Columbus drove him out of town. I think he moved to SEC country (Nashville) several years ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted