1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 13 College Football: Bedlam! Holy Wars! Backyard Brawls!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

As someone who lived in that state for the better part of two decades, here's the scoop.

Though people will try to paint the rivalry as "even" in terms of fan numbers, there are at least 150 percent as many Alabama fans as Auburn fans, especially when Alabama is good. Auburn's popularity was growing among the youngsters when the Tigers had won six in a row, but that demographic is flipping fast now that the Tide is on the verge of dominating them again.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You're right. I should have brought that up, too. It rains a lot in Florida.

3. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

If I were in Vegas I would put so much money on Okie State right now. They are 9 1/2 underdogs at Oklahoma. I know that the Sooners have only lost two in Norman in the Stoops era, but this OU team is really horrible and really injured. If there was a year that OSU could win this game, it's this one.

4. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Looking forward to watching the Crapple Cup, er, Apple Cup on Saturday with my brother on Fox Sports Northwest. WAZZU vs. UW, two bad teams. As a Coug, I'm actually looking forward to the game. It means the season is finally almost done. Plus the Huskies are about the only Pac 10 team we have a ghost of a chance of beating.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You rang? Go Bobcats, Go Bobcats, Go!!!!!

And the fuckeyes suck donkey balls!!!!!!

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm still floored ESPN would air Ball State-Western Michigan, I mean, why? But if they're going to show my crappy alma mater on national TV, I'm glad they beat the Broncs.

7. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Evanston? Uff-da jeg. Admittedly, though, it does look like an oasis when one hasn't seen civilization since Rock Springs.

----------------

How the hell is Oklahoma State a 9.5-point dog? Oklahoma's best skill players are out injured, its offensive line is non-existent, and Zac Robinson is supposedly going full-speed in practice this week (if you believe Coach I'm a Man).

Of course, that may be the very thought Vegas wants us to think.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Just noticed Pitt has not played a ranked team this year.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Temple-Ohio for a conference title? WTF? (I like Temple giving 3)

Also like a Tulsa, Cincy, Central Meeechigan parlay.

And Duke getting 4 at home vs. Wake? Yeah, I'll take the points.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think South Florida was still ranked in one of the polls but not all when Pitt played them. That is also the only "ranked" opponent that Cincinnati has played.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I'd be careful on Cincy--20.5 points is a ton to give. Obviously, Illinois has been an awful disappointment this year, but I think they're going to play Cincy close on Friday. Way closer than the oddsmakers would suggest.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Is this Cincy's last home game or is the Pitt game at home, too?

Draft saved Draft deleted