1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 12 NFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 19, 2013.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'd think 11 weeks would be sufficient time to overcome the lack of a preseason.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say it's the lack of a preseason as much as the injury itself. Leaving freak of nature Peterson aside, that's a two-year injury when you're talking about full recovery. He cut the rehab time short as it was.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Right. There's no question RG3 was rushed back earlier than he should have been. I think he shares the blame for that one a bit, but it doesn't help that he has a coach who probably would have no problem rushing RG3 back.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

FWIW, the forecast for Sunday night up here is for cold temperatures in the 20s and considerable wind. Peyton Manning haters are advised to get their bets down before the line changes.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah, RG3 and his handlers pretty much painted themselves into a corner with that "All In For Week 1" Adidas ad that came out LESS THAN SIX WEEKS AFTER HIS INJURY.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Even the most optimistic Redskins fans couldn't have expected a repeat of last year from RG3. Then again, they also shouldn't have expected to see him make so many piss-poor decisions. But the OL has also been awful. RG3 has two reliable receivers to throw to, one of which probably has a concussion now. And the defense is making it so that the offense has to score 30 points to be competitive. Just bad all around, RG3 included.

I do think Redskins fans should expect a much better RG3 next year. Because if he's not, given the salary cap money they get back and all that......hoo boy.

7. Morris816

Morris816 Member

As a Bronco fan, I can only back now and wonder if Shanahan was doing the same things with Terrell Davis, which led to Davis' career getting cut shorter than it might have been with proper recovery time.

Don't get me wrong: Shanahan has done some good things as a head coach and he's a big reason (though not the only one) why the Broncos won back-to-back Super Bowls, but he tends to get drunk with power.

But, as you said, plenty of fault lies with RG3 as well. I'm guessing RG3 thought he'd get endless praise like Phillip Rivers once did.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think the Adrian Peterson anomaly last season put a lot of pressure on guys to try to come back sooner and sooner. It seemed like not long ago, you get an injury like RG3 did and you're out a full year, period.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

No question about it.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Was this written by anyone here? I think this guy would like this one back.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/694994-carolina-panther-cam-newton-is-the-worst-nfl-draft-pick-ever

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Wow. That's right up there with this ...

http://nesn.com/2011/01/2011-red-sox-will-challenge-1927-yankees-for-title-of-greatest-team-in-major-league-history/

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Pretty evil article. (wink, wink)

Draft saved Draft deleted