1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 12 College Football: Give 'em the Axe, or Floyd of Rosedale

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Nov 19, 2009.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It's going to be pretty damn funny when UConn's leading by three with two minutes left.

Sorry, Charlie.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Now see, Slap...you missed a GREAT opportunity to take a cheap shot at the whole "OH....IO..." cheer that we Buckeye types are so in love with. Clip art...it's a crutch, my brotha'.....

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nope... but I think Bob Wojnowski of the Detroit News hit it on the head yesterday...

"The Buckeyes are loaded for bear, which is better than a Buckeye loaded and bare, I suppose. They'll start ambling into town any moment now, overrunning our White Castles, taking up two stools per person. The game should be close for a while, but I have a feeling we'll hear those drunken chants of "O-H! O-I!" deep into Saturday night."

5. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

I actually think the game is for the Capital One Bowl. If Arkansas can win its last two games, I'd lay heavy odds that they are headed to Dallas.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Some football trivia from the Heartland:

After Colorado's close call (but still a loss) at Oklahoma State, the Big 12 North stands at 5-12 against the Big 12 South.

With Kansas at Texas on Saturday night, looks like the North will finish 5-13, continuing a trend that I'm pretty sure has held since the Big 8 became the Big 12.

Only Big 12 North team to have two wins against the South? Nebraska, which also is the only team to record a win against someone besides Baylor or Texas A&M. The Huskers beat the Sooners.

7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Should be an interesting matchup. From what I've seen of the Buckeyes, they can't pass. From what I've seen of Michigan, they can't defend the pass. Who grabs their ankles worse on Saturday?

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I think Oregon will stomp Arizona.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

For some reason, I just found that line funny. The game isn't for the Rose, or the Sugar, or the Orange Bowl. It's for the Capital One Bowl!

10. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

its only the biggest bowl outside of the bcs

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

In terms of money, yeah. In terms of history and prestige, nope.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

It's every little boy's dream to go play big time college football and, if he can't quite make the BCS, at least play in the Capital One Bowl.

Draft saved Draft deleted