1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 11 .. Denver Broncos Freefall edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Nov 17, 2015.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

They only have one really difficult game left, home vs. Carolina on Thanksgiving, and one less difficult one at Green Bay. And they're in good shape with division tiebreakers. A 6-1 stretch would mean 8-8 and probably the East title.

2. LongTimeListener

Yeah, when Palmer went there it was like, you're kidding ... he has to spend his whole career with Cincinnati, Oakland and Arizona? Why not throw in Detroit? But somehow they've found a way to de-Bidwillize the franchise. Even tougher since there's still a Bidwill there.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Somehow I don't think it will be quite that easy.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

5. LongTimeListener

Maybe not. They did go 6-1 in two separate stretches last season though.

I guess the biggest question is how healed is Romo really. Is he able to withstand some contact, or is this a "shit, if he misses another week we're dead anyway, might as well try it" situation?

6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I do think the East will come down to the bitter end, but I'd give the Giants better odds. I also think the Redskins can make a run, too, if they can run the ball effectively.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to say Dallas is out of it. As I pointed out on one thread or another, they're only 2 1/2 games out of first with seven to play, and the Giants still have to play the Jets, Carolina, at Minnesota and Philadelphia. And I have a feeling they'll have trouble at Washington next week.

I'm just saying, 6-1 is very difficult for any team, much less one with some serious defensive holes.

8. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I think the difference is they've got a good Bidwill, one who is willing to write the checks, put the right people in place and get the hell out of the way.

9. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I'm headed to Foxboro Monday with friends for what's becoming an annual tradition - full Thanksgiving dinner for the tailgate.
    I'm frying a turkey, we'll have stuffing and mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, etc. Fun to put together and do and with the weather - gametime supposed to be 32 degrees - it'll be easier than it was when we tried this with single digit temps.

Game of the week has to be Green Bay-Minnesota, right?

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They had built a decent team when Warner was there, but once he left, quarterback was a disaster for them.

Palmer had also played on some damn good teams with the Bengals. Part of their downfall was his knee injury. It cost them their shot to beat the Steelers in the playoffs and set Palmer back for years.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

12. LongTimeListener

Draft saved Draft deleted