1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 11 College Football Thread: 'Bama's trap game scenario

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Blitz, Nov 9, 2009.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

It looks trappy to me.

But, like the New Jersey governor's race, Mississippi State will have to aim for an effort "outside the margin of fraud."

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

A minor shitstorm has started over what the Troy coach said or didn't say in the preseason.
    The original word was that he predicted Troy would beat Arkansas this week back in the lazy days of summer. Then the coach said in the teleconference this week he made no such prediction and that he wasn't a prediction guy.
    So the source of the rumor is tracked back to Phil Steele, he of semi-magazine fame, and the quote from the coach is attributed to a radio guy who said he heard the coach say it, or something.
    Then the radio guy said it wasn't a quote, but a paraphrase, and taken out of context or maybe it was something said in a jokey manner and the tone of the statement was that it was a funny.
    I've grown bored with it all.
    Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino said he didn't care, it was still going up on the bulletin board.
    Or maybe he said that laughing. Who knows? Who cares?
    Outside of Troy Nation or is that Troy County, and the Arkansas fanbase, it hasn't gotten much play.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

They're expecting one of the biggest crowds in Heinz Field history for this game.
    8 p.m. kickoff
    ABC national game
    Pitt hasn't been ranked this high, this late, since 1982.
    A normal school's alum says, "Yes!"
    A Pitt alum says, "here comes a bedshitting."
    We've only seen it time and time and time and time again.
    That said I'll be in section 122, changing Golden Tate's name to "Golden Taint," 'cause, you know, I'm mature an' shit.

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

That's some solid journalism. Did he get any quotes from the waitresses at whatever restaurant Blakelney frequents.

5. bwright

bwright Member

Agreed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

That's Pike County.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I was going to make that correction, but I knew you would Yodel.

8. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Something being bandied about in some pockets of the Deep South, and sure to determine the size of bowl that each will be invited to, is the Tennessee at Ole Miss game.
    One of two straight CBS games at Oxford for the Rebels (including next week's LSU tilt) is interesting if only because of Ed Orgeron's return to the Vaught-Hemingway sidelines.
    It's for all intents and purposes a pick-em game but, playing in its own stadium, Ole Miss is favored by a field goal.

9. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

If Tennessee beats Ole Siss by more than ten, they're in the top 25.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

No chance of that happening, IMO.

11. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

What, Tennessee beating Ole Miss by more than 10, or them getting in the Top 25 if they do?

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Notre Dame has been so schizo this year that I could see them winning at Pitt and Stanford and losing at home to UConn.

Draft saved Draft deleted