1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weeds 9/4

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Sep 5, 2006.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

So I discovered that if you scream at Comcast long enough, they'll give you free channels, one of which for me is Showtime, and I've been watching Weeds.
    That show is a riot. To recap: Mary-Louise Parker plays a widow, who starts selling pot on the side to help make ends meet. You have your usual collection of friends and family.
    So last night's show had her youngest son depressed since he was the only kid in sixth grade who wasn't getting any action. He turns to his uncle, who had previously given him advice on masturbation. "Warm up a banana peel, add a little lotion and you'll have a good time."
    So last night he takes the boy to an Asian massage parlor to get him some experience, which he does.
    I don't think I have ever seen anything like it on TV before. It was disturbing, yet hilarious all at the same time.

2. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I became a big fan during the first season. Good stuff, different type of show. And Mary-Louise Parker is smokingly hot.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Best show on television... I'm dead serious...

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

And the best part of this thread are the google ads for massage parlors in Houston and NYC.
    Awesome.
    Anyway, it really is pretty good. I'd have it as the best half-hour sitcom. Better than anything on HBO. I also love me some Rescue Me, and I'm a Daily Show/Colbert fan, even though the Daily Show isn't as funny as it used to be.

5. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

is it better than "always sunny in philadelphia?" that is one heck of a show.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

This show fucking rocks.

Anyone know how I can catch up on the first season?

Just started watching the reruns a few weeks ago.

7. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Only bad thing about this show is that it's on Showtime. I have to wait for the DVDs. Season One lived up to the hype. And Mary-Louise Parker is cute as a button.

8. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

last week's episode where the brother-in-law gave the kid masturbation tips was so funny i rewinded a couple of times and don't think i stopped laughing the entire time

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Always a highlight of my week. I just wish it were an hour long.

Draft saved Draft deleted