1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wednesday's American Idol

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by NYJScribe, Jan 24, 2007.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

We were laughing through her audition. I couldn't believe they all talked about how wonderful she was.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I liked Kia, the last girl to sing. And the Castro guy was surprisingly good, as was the JT-lookalike from Virginia toward the end.

But my heart belongs to Jenry. Only two years until he's legal, and more than half my age!

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Castro guy was my favorite between the Wednesday and Thursday episodes.

Yeah, that's right, I've got my DVR scheduled to tape each new episode now. Curiosity finally got the best of me.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

WE'VE CONVERTED OZ!!!!

So...what's your verdict? Is it not delightfully train-wrecky?

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

It depends, really.

Some people -- the woman who was convinced she ought to be the first Idol who couldn't sing, the guy with the fur who was a "superstar" and the woman who closed Thursday's show -- are simply crying for help.

Some people -- the guy who sang "New Yor, New Yor" and the can't sing Idol -- might have just won on bets with friends who didn't believe they could sneak one-minute's worth of airtime during the audition process.

And then some people look like they should be there, which makes it a delightful train wreck. Because among all of these lousy candidates, there are some good ones, like the backup singer who sang Stevie Wonder. That would be a great story.

6. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

spup can attest, my heart, and all of my support, now belongs to that Jory girl. She had me salivating like Michael Gee.

(Sorry Mike, couldn't resist).

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Yes, he is infatuated with Jory. If I didn't know any better, I'd think his heart belonged to her more than it does to Natalie.

8. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

SHHHH! Not so loud! She might be reading!!

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

MERTWINDU IS CHEATING ON NATALIE!!

How's that for loud? ;)

10. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Don't make me start rooting for the Colts. It's not like I don't already have my reasons (i.e. not being on the pretend couch in my pretend relationship)

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

You won't vote for the Colts. Just remember scripts. That alone will keep you from rooting for the Colts. I hold the key.

12. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Dammit. Me and my enthusiasm...

Draft saved Draft deleted