1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wedding Ring Tradition?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Jun 15, 2010.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

But what if he wears his wedding ring on his right hand and an earring in his left ear?

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

This guy had never heard of the rule. I wouldn't be surprised if many people in his social circle had no idea.

I lost my wedding ring a few months after I got married and never replaced it. I have never, to my knowledge, got any sort of dirty look.

3. dooley_womack1

I'd think "boy, is this guy so stoopid that he doesn't know his right from left?"

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Alright, I've figured out how to solve this problem. I'm just going to chop off my ring finger on my left hand. :)

5. dooley_womack1

Outing alert: schiezainc is really Chef2

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Schiez, you kill me. Refuse to say "I do" while you're at it.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Greek women also have mustaches.

But I don't think they wear them on the right hands. I'm Greek and have never noticed it. But usually when other Greeks are around I am searching for the free spinach pie.

8. dooley_womack1

C'mon now, it took him a lot of quarters before just the right ring for her fell out of the machine

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

To steal a line from a famous Twitter page...

There is a right way to wear your wedding ring and then there is bullshit. Guess which one this is?

Left hand son, left hand. You will get used to it. We all do. Just be sure to get a comfort fit.

I just cannot play basketball with mine on. It's the only time I take it off.

10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Doubt it. She got the first plastic container that rolled out of the dispenser. On a related note, does anyone else find it odd that Rhody and Schiez are asking wedding questions at the same time? Might explain the ring on the right finger question.

11. dooley_womack1

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

12. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

In all fairness, I got engaged before he did and it was only about a month later that he popped the question to his lady.

I went to his wedding this weekend. It was awesome.

Mine? Well, mine is probably going to be a drag but I'm going to Vegas and California immediately after it so that'll be fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted