1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wedding registry help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carrie

carrie Active Member

OK, compromise.

Make a three-day trip to Cooperstown your "mini-Moon" and then make plans for an extravagant, romantic trip later in the year during off-season (or early 2008, based on schedules/finances) for your Honeymoon. No sun? Europe can be done. I did Paris last October for well under $3k.

Honeymoons are supposed to be unforgettable and filled with romance. I love baseball as much as the next person, but the thought of looking at old jerseys and gloves doesn't really get me hot. Especially after I spent a year (and a VERY stressful week leading up to it) planning a wedding.

Now, if your fiance is more helpful than mine, maybe you won't be as stressed as me. :D

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I'd take you if I needed Lamont Jordan fantasy advice

*runs away*

3. carrie

carrie Active Member

Speaking of fantasy advice!!

I see no one has complimented me on making the playoffs after I didn't touch my roster since draft day. :D

4. carrie

carrie Active Member

In our 16-team league with only four playoff spots?

I'm the third seed!!

5. Chuck~Taylor

What's you're name on that league?

6. KP

KP Active Member

That's why you are in the postseason. The guys who change shit around every week are the ones who leave points on the bench. (*Though leaving guys in during their bye week is not advised.)

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I am actually excited about Cooperstown. I know that sounds sort of lame, but I've been pretty much everywhere else in the U.S. so the only thing that could trump it is Europe. I know we won't be able to afford Europe right after an expensive wedding, but all the money we get for the wedding will be put into a fund to take a better vacation later. We both want to go to Great Britain since I have some heavy Irish background and my sister came back from Europe and said England was one of her favorite spots she visited.

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I know. I'm one spot ahead of you and have to play you this week! That's just not right. I am going to have to hate you if you beat my pathetic team that has a few guys who carry me every week.

9. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Back off. Sandberg's mine... ;)

Oh, and I think it's rad that a wedding registry thread got jacked by fantasy football...

10. Chuck~Taylor

I deserve some love as well because I was bashed by everyone for taking Reggie Bush early. Spup and carrie, you better watch out for me. I'm like last year's Steelers. :)

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Yeah. Chuck is dead to me, though, so it's bitter sweet. :)

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Dog, Sandals is overrated.
    Been to one in Montego Bay. There are far better all-inclusives (24 hour drinking for free) in Jamaica.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.