1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wedding intro song

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Don't choose anything goofy. If you're not going to go with 'The Wedding March' at choose something with a walking-progressional tempo.
    Goofy wedding sh@t is the worst.
    Of course, as long as the food is good and the bar open, nothing else matters to the guests.

2. I wanted badly to have it be "Shining Star" by EW&F, with me and Mrs. Guy doing a little stepping. Ummm, didn't happen but the opening bars and the message are spot on so I'd say go ahead and try and get down with your bad self.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I wanted to have "Getting Nasty" by Ike Turner as mine. Didn't happen. Yes, I know there's irony in starting your wedding with a song by history's most famous wife-beater, but it's a bad-ass beat and it's instrumental.

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

The future Mrs. BBAM had mentioned the theme from ET.

I know, I know. Just pick that, or else. ... Yeah, not so much. She really does want to hear my choices. We'll like go with that though.

a) Yes.
    b) Yes.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

"A Ring on My Hand" by Darryl Purpose should be a part of every wedding.

Here's a live version.

http://new.us.music.yahoo.com/darryl-purpose/tracks/ring-on-my-hand--204689331

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I know a lot of people have used "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds as their song. Only use that one if you want every woman in the audience crying when you walk in.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

9. My wife wanted to use that in some fashion at our wedding, but I used my veto on it. We both love his music to death, but that song gets soooo creepy in the middle.

Man, I can't dance in front of my family to that!

10. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Mrs. Fly and I used Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire. Her idea...

11. copperpot

copperpot Well-Known Member

We did "Rock and Roll Part 2 (The Hey Song)." I loved it, and it was fun having everyone shout "Hey!"

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

DING DING DING!!!!!!!!!!!

WINNER!

Gracias, senor.

Draft saved Draft deleted