1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Webb to Shrubby: Mind your own damn business

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog428, Nov 30, 2006.

1. dog428

dog428 Active Member

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

It was posted (by Fenian, I think), but I can't find the thread right now.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

It's a bit down on Page 1 of this thread:

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/34501/

It's not in its own thread and down far enough that I would not consider this a D_B, dog.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Earlier tonight I read George Will's column on it. Normally I respect his writing even if I don't always agree with it, but tonight he left out a few details so that he could rip Webb without making Bush look like a horse's ass.

Every other story I've read on it has included Bush's rather curt reply to Webb concerning the new senator's son. Will's story didn't, in order to make Webb look like a liberal douche. It may work in places outside of Virginia, but really Webb won't care. He's in office the next 6 years.

I get the feeling that Webb will be agitating pols on both sides of the aisle, and to that I say very good. Each side needs it. Will's column was terribly slanted, conservative bias if you would, and should be treated with the same red pen that an article slanted that liberally would be.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Webb's a lot of things, but he's no liberal douche.

W's under the delusion that the whole agenda's still his to call.

Well, 11/7 took the domestic podium away from him.

. . . and in terms of foreign policy (which, alas, remains his), his credibility -- already miniscule -- shrinks by the day. And you thought it wasn't possible.

As I've said for two years, plus . . . it's a civil war, dingbat.

And any sober policymaker who could envision more than one move, ahead, would have seen that, years ago . . .

But not this guy. No chance.

6. Flying Headbutt

Ben, you're more often a voice of reason than you're given credit for.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I grieve, mister. This guy inspires more fear than I've ever felt.

8. It's been mentioned here before. This guy literally feels nothing for anyone except himself. Not an ounce of sympathy for anyone who's died in his excellent adventure. Nothing for the people in New Orleans. His wife gets hustled out of the WH during a security alert, and he keeps riding his bike. His daughters are running around Argentina, ducking their SS protection and embarrassing BOTH governments, and he does nothing. And this? Not only a feckless bungler, but a snippy one at that. We are not getting out if Iraq while he's president because he looks at that as a personal defeat, and that's the only thing that matters.
    26 more months.
    Jesus wept.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He's working on his "legacy".

News flash: MOST (not all, but MOST) of it is already set in stone.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I've said it on here many times, but it bears saying again:

He will be judged on this war, and he will not be judged well.

11. Flying Headbutt

Then what do you make the of the stories of sympathy, where tears are even shed, during times where he meets with the families of fallen soldiers? Most of the time you hear about how he's less than stoic and inhumane, and seems to empathize pretty well with those family members. Or do you feel it's all an act?

12. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Hell yes, it's an act. You've seen this guy try to act sincere before -- he's pulled it off once, and even that was rather clumsy. Every other time, it has always comes off as unbelievably phony. You really think that changes behind closed doors, when these parents are basically blaming him for their kids deaths?

The guy doesn't care. I truly believe that. Hell, at this point, given everything that's gone down, it's much easier to believe that he doesn't care. Everything he's done, every rotten decision, every personal attack, every dipshit move -- all of it has been for his personal gain.

There's another thread on here in which people are arguing if he's the worst president ever. To me, what I've said above wins him the title. It's not that he's been worse at leading the country than some other presidents have. It's that he's done so much to wreck the lives of so damn many for his personal gain.

He's a horrible human being and the worst president ever.

Draft saved Draft deleted