1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Web sites that bash newspapers

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Corky Ramirez up on 94th St., Jan 27, 2009.

1. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

I post this as a former employee of this place from long ago. I don't care for the paper, but this site is so misguided, uninformed and, well, dumb that I had to post it here. And I laugh.

http://www.boycottnorwichbulletin.com/

The long and short of it is a husband-and-wife team - both Republicans - from a town of about 3,000 started this about a year ago. They claim the paper - a 22,000-circ daily, mind you - is written from too much of a leftist slant, when most of them wouldn't know a leftist slant if it tapped them on the shoulder.

Are there any other sites that are like this?

2. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Oh, and they compare Obama to Hitler. Just so you should know.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You mean, besides us?

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Jeff Jarvis is another one that comes to mind.

5. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

HA. I've read this site a few times. I never even lived in the Norwich area and the site always got me worked up, mostly by the guy's stupidity and irrational arguments.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The people who write blogs for those web sites were either turned down for a job or knew, deep inside, they weren't good enough. The no-talent bums are in their element.

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Maybe the reason I can't get the job at my local paper is that blog providing constructive criticism, i.e. bashing, that I set up using Blogger.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The 5th Estate did a pretty good job of ripping the Lancaster, Pa., papers back in the day.

http://5thestate.com/

Although it's kinda milquetoast in comparison to the anti-Bully site.

9. Thanks for posting this. That guy is nuts. It scares me to think people like him are out there.

10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Can't think of any sites, but there is this tv show called the O'Reilly Factor that's intent on burying newspapers, or at least the ones it thinks are "left-leaning." No mention, ever, of the fact that conservative papers are losing money and circulation too. The NY and LA Times are going the tubes solely due to their ideology, not all the other problems plaguing our business. Gag me.

11. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

upstate NY has isaratoga.blogspot.com and Albany Eye.

12. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Thought this was going to be another Simmons thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted