1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We now have a new candidate in the worst movie ever debate

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Jul 17, 2006.

1. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

She's doing something right. She made $14mm for "Super-Ex." Financially, that's top-ten, maybe even top-five territory for actresses, behind Julia Roberts and Reese Witherspoon, both of whom are in the $20mm range.

I'd hit it. :D

2. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

WCV, I believe you on the script being funny and all, but we've all been through this before:

Making $$$ and being popular in any cultural field often has very little to do with talent. The Baha Men once sold a lot of records, OK?

Getting back to Uma, I'm not saying she isn't attractive, but I find her way too waif-ey to be an ass-kicking chick. Just my .02. I wasn't a huge Buffy fan, either, FWIW. I'm tired of these skinny, underfed chicks who look like a strong breeze could knock them down, yet they're kicking ass left and right. Doesn't work for me.

Simply put, I don't see a lot of Lynda Carters out there these days.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Jennifer Garner could've played the role but, if she's smart, should distance herself from action roles.

An actress who looks good, can kick ass and can also do comedy is Vicky Pratt. She's played in a couple of syndicated action series (had the starring role in "Mutant X," a rip-off of "X-Men") but appears to be stuck in B-movie limbo.

4. suburbanite

Good call. Pratt is attractive and not a stick figure. She was also in Cleopatra 2525 with Gina Torres and Jennifer Sky.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

um, get your vision checked, men. uma is FAR from waif-ish. :eek: :eek: :eek:

6. suburbanite

She's an attractive woman, but still ain't what I would call zaftig.

I'm sorry, I'm not believing this woman could save the world.

[​IMG]

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I guess after this, they'll make Next of Kin Part 2.

8. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

damn! so many different thoguhts came to mind when i saw this. wish i would have caught this thread earlier.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Wow, I'm with you on that one... Maybe not the worst film ever, but definitely the most disappointing...

10. sportsgopher

sportsgopher Member

10-4

Draft saved Draft deleted