1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"We may have seen Roger Clemens throw his last pitch...."

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

You mean a syringe?

2. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I still somewhat believe in the conspiracy theory that his first year of "retirement" - the year he sat out the first 50 games - was because of a failed drug test.

3. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

The logic of stoob, ladies and gentlemen.

4. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Why don't you go ahead and tell boots why he's wrong?

5. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

he's wrong because Rajah is not productive anymore, and he's ruining the legacy that a HOF pitcher should have. Just retire already.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

This was awesome.

The Olive Garden line was the topper.

7. boots

boots New Member

Who are you to tell anyone when to retire? The Yankees are paying and he still wants to play. End of discussion.
    Before judging anyone's logic, check what you are saying. All I said was that no one is holding a gun to the Yankees' heads to pay Clemens. This is something the club wants to do. This is something Clemens wants to do.
    If you have a problem with that, I strongly urge you to give either the Yankees or Clemens a call and voice your opinion. I think that may have more of an effect than getting on a sports message board questioning someone's logic.
    Damn.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That's an A-minus, Double.

I was rolling, but I deducted one point for failing to mention his highlights in some insulting way.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'm curious, boots. Are you going to be applying this reductio ad absurdum logic across the board from now on?

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Shit. A fair and very understandable grade. The highlights definitely warranted a mention. I wish I could claim the Sorkin "I've Ingested Too Many Psychedelic Mushrooms" defense, but that would be false. They were only baby bellas.

Boots, since you are good friends with Clemens and have covered him since he was in Pony League, can you pass along this message to him: Britney Spears is available if he wants to continue to live out his 1998-Justin-Timberlake-with-Frosted-Tips fantasies.

End of discussion.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

I like the idea of the hat with the dollar sign on it.

12. boots

boots New Member

I'm not in for the stupid shit tonight.
    I wasn't pissed at this guy, who is from New England because no one finishes a sentence with already unless they are from the northeast. There wasn't any logic in what he posted. He did exactly like you, saw my name and wanted to get a response.
    I gave him one that was very logical.
    And I'm not ignoring your questions. I'm actually giving you a reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.