1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"We may have seen Roger Clemens throw his last pitch...."

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Roger: Go away and stay away. No one needs you. Rest on your laurels.

2. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Does he go into the Hall "wearing" a Red Sox or Yankees cap?

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

His signing obviously wasn't worth the money.

<a href="http://www.cnbc.com/id/21205642?__source=RSS*blog*&par=RSS">
    Here is how it breaks down, courtesy of Darren Rovell:</a>

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

His cap will read "Jerke", in Old English script.

5. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

No, no, no. His cap will have a dollar sign on it.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Roger: This is it. I'm done. I'm ready to ride off in the sunset and spend time with family. I'm totally content. I won't pitch for anyone but the Yankees, and won't play for any manager but Joe Torre. I am dead serious about this. Nothing will change my mind one bit.

Randy Hendricks, Clemens agent: Hey Roger, I've got Mark Cuban on the phone. He just bought the Cubs. He says he'll offer you a fleet of four burnt orange Hummers with University of Texas wheelcovers, plus lifetime passes to the Olive Garden. Koby can be your personel catcher, you only have to pitch on Sundays, and none of your teammates will be allowed to look you in the eye. Also, Deb can decide WGN's programming from midnight to 3 a.m. on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Interested?

Clemens: Hmm... what about salary?

Hendricks: $18 million -- half in Krugerrands, half in gravy futures.

Clemens: Gravy? Yum.

Hendricks: I know.

Clemens: I'm still on the fence though.

Hendricks: Cuban just called back. He says he'll also give you Kevin Durant's first born, plus one of Vince Young's kidneys if yours ever start to fail for whatever reason, including all the HgH you've ingested over the years.

Clemens: Ok, I'm in. But tell the media it's all about the love of the game. I just really love to pitch. Also, send a fruit basket to Georgie's Girl. I imagine she's going to take this pretty hard. And see if I can wear a Cubs hat when I get to Cooperstown. Because deep down, I've always been a Blue Jay at heart.

Hendricks: A Blue Jay?

Clemens: Sorry, I meant Yankee. Er, Astro. I think.

Hendricks: How about I just put it up for auction on eBay?

Clemens: That would be great.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Well done, DD. I'm going to steal "gravy futures" sometime.

8. ugh, please let clemens just stay retired...then again yankees got what they deserved when giving him all that money so wouldn't be too sad to see them over pay again...

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Considering 192 of his 354 wins and three of his seven Cy Youngs (both more than any of his other three teams) came during his 13 seasons with the Red Sox, I'd say he'll don the Boston cap. He only spent six years with the Yankees, and although he's got his only two rings with them, I don't think that's enough to overshadow the first half of his career.

10. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

That cocksucker should go into the HOF with a dollar sign on his cap.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

If only that were an option. ...

12. boots

boots New Member

No one is putting a gun to anyone's head telling them to offer Roger a contract. How can you find fault with his coming back, if he feels up to it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.