1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We have to go back! (Lost 2009 season)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JakeandElwood, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

Hurley's monologue when he was explaining to his mom the truth about the island was awesome. And Sawyer continuously calling Neil "Frogurt."

Other than that, meh. I didn't especially love this episode. But of course, I'll watch next week.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think Locke and Desmond are special people. They have time travel ability that few others have. I think we will find that 1-2 other characters will have this ability.

So who built the rudder at the bottom of the island? Who carved that huge foot?

I think when they start stripping away the layers, we will be amazed at the depth pf this story. Tonight just established the theory of time travel.

So when they stopped punching the numbers, did the island time travel? Or did that machine keep the island from potentially traveling?

Did Faraday help build that machine?

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

That was a lot to digest. Maybe a one hour start would have been better.

I assume that the two guys referenced by Ben in the deli were the ones in Sayid's room. They didn't try to kill Sayid, only knock him out. Which probably means that he didn't want to go to the Island

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Why would Sun do that? She knows that Aaron isn't Kate's biological son. You think she's trying to manipulate Kate into something?

Also enjoyed Sawyer calling Farraday "Dilbert".

5. 93Devil

I'm still waiting for Jin to wash up on the shore.

If he was dead, he would have visited Sun by now.

6. One thing about the first episode of the new season:

It was loooooooooooooooong.

7. Also, any time some newbie shows up on LOST wearing a red shirt, he/she is done for that episode.

I think it's a running gag. "Redshirts" are Hollywood slang for expendable extras.

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Anytime a newbie shows up, they're usually toast.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

any thought that Widmore also wants them all to go back? If that is the case, then it's not clear who was behind sending the lawyers to Kate.

10. 93Devil

Widmore needs to find the island, so the best way would be to follow them back.

I'll bet Widmore was the captain of the old ship that crashed on the island.

11. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Okay, this is probably not going to make a whole lot of sense, but what Faraday was essentially saying is that they can't change anything relative to their shared pasts - Desmond has to meet the Lostaways exactly when we've already seen him meet them. Locke could kill those soldiers (who I have no doubt work for Charles Widmore) because that was their first meeting.

The "redshirt" thing comes from Star Trek. It's a nod to all those nameless extras who get killed on away team missions.

12. 93Devil

I also love how the numbers are popping back again.

Draft saved Draft deleted